Barrockan, Real Estate Pro in Scranton, PA

I am an investor interested in buying in Scranton. Can anyone tell me what the rental vacancy rate is please.?

Asked by Barrockan, Scranton, PA Sun Nov 21, 2010

Answers

3
I have 2 rental properties. One is a duplex. The other is a quadraplex. They are never empty. We are living in FL and want to sell. They are not on the MLS. Email me for a good deal. They are in West Scranton near St Ann's Basilica - nice section! No commissions involved. andreawolak1@gmail.com, 239-896-4312
I am looking for a good rental property deal. If your properties are still available for sale please send info to Denise.Brathwaite11@gmail.com
Flag Sat Apr 12, 2014
i have an ivestment property you might be interested in. if so email me at mdeantona@iwon.com

Great question by the way, many overlook the importance of the area vacany rate when deciding to invest. According to the most recently available data from the us census, the vacancy rate for rental properties in the city of Scranton is 9.3%.

As a property manager that works in the area I would say that this is fairly accurate. There are periods of time when the vacancy rate is very low 2-3% and as high as 15-17% but on the average for a whole year 9-10% is about right. There are numerous ways to curtail the vacancy rate.

-proper improvements
-correct rental pricing
-good tenant relations

Just to name a few.

Also each property based on size location and amenities can also vary on the