Market Conditions in 28025>Question Details

Ann, Home Seller in 28025

I AM PLANNING TO PUT MY HOME ON THE MARKET AT THIS TIME SHOULD I WAIT FOR SPRING OR SHOULD I GO AHEAD AND LIST IT?

Asked by Ann, 28025 Wed Feb 9, 2011

Answers

7
Great question, Ann! My initial response is "why are you selling your home"? (what's your motivation, goal, etc.) The absolute first step in moving forward is mapping the entire process of listing your home, getting it sold, packing, moving and finding another place to live.

If you are committed to selling your home, NOW is the best time...Buyers are in the market year round, interest rates are historically low and spring will bring a higher inventory of home...more competition.

i would highly recommend interviewing a few agents to get a comfort level with their knowledge of your LOCAL market, your confidence in their ability and motivation and what the two of you can do together to accomplish your goal.

Please feel free to contact me for a no obligation consultation of your home. We'll discuss, in detail, everything we need to do to get the highest sales price in the shortest amount of time. I'll guide you through the necessary tasks to get your home in marketable condition so that it is "the shiniest apple in the bowl that gets picke first!"

You can find out more about me and my firm by visiting my website http://www.MarkAnthonyRealtor.com

Mark Anthony
Allen Tate Realtors
"Your Trusted Advisor in Real Estate"
704/796-5195 mobile

Mark Anthony
Allen Tate Realtors
"Your Trusted Advisor in Real Estate"
704/796-5195 mobile
Ann,
Whether we would list it immediately depends on if you are ready. Right now we have a little time, so I would suggest you have an agent come to the home and review the procedure, price suggestions, and go over possible improvements or minor fix-ups that should be done prior to listing. Now is the perfect time to do that so when it hits the market, the pictures and the house are at their best. In this market, I would suggest getting it on the market sooner rather than later. The early bird gets the worm! Please let me know if I may assist you in this process, no obligation. Mona Lisa Matthews, CRS, GRI, CDPE, Broker/Owner. 704-699-2113 monalisamatthews@gmail.com Excellence Realty of the Carolinas, Inc.
Now is a good time to go on the market. Spring time is traditionally when most of the homes go on the market. This way if you go on now, you can be ahead of the competition. Also with tax time, people getting refunds are more likely to use it for downpayments to buy a home. If you would like a free market analysis, please contact me at: wrightla21@aol.com or my cell phone #704-507-7872. I have been in real estate in the Concord area for over 21 years and have a lot of experience.
Lee Kimball
Coldwell Banker United
704-507-7872
You should list it NOW. There is always more inventory in the Spring and more inventory means more competition. However, the spring market buyers have already started looking. So, if you list now you can take advantage of those buyers in the market without the added listing competition. Check out my videos for more seller tips, there are 100's. http://www.youtube.com/thecarolinasfinest

Jessica Riffle Edwards
Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Realty
910-352-1043
If you are ready to sell why wait, potential buyers exist year round, and why wait for added area competition...therefore consider interviewing a few agents, or as many as needed, from different realty companies--choose the one you like best and who has the most to offer--choose your agent with care.
I think this question is best answered by what your home will be competing with now. No telling what “spring time” holds; mortgage rates ect. Is there a fair amount of inventory in your area already? Are there other competing factors such as bank owned homes or short sales on the market in your area driving down prices? Most important is there an immediate need for you to sell? Many things to consider. It is a volatile market however the Concord area is still desirable to most home buyers.
Jeff Monfils (BIC)
Bastille Real Estate
704.975.7616