King_bowser, Renter in Washington Heights,...

IS there any area outside of Lower Manhattan that has a higher increase in median sal eprice than Washington Hieghts?

Asked by King_bowser, Washington Heights, New York, NY Tue Jul 17, 2012

69% increase 2011 - 2012

Answers

5
Ann Zemaitis, Rutenberg Realty’s answer
I'd say a great deal of Brooklyn within reasonable commute of Manhattan. Indeed, I've specialized the last few years in, as I say, "moving people across the bridge." The best bet in my opinion are single family homes. The supply is low and the demand is high. Indeed, I sold one (an estate sale) in Clinton Hill Brooklyn the increased in value about 50% in just a couple of months AND was appraised at time of sale for 20% more than sale price. A solid investment for sure, provided you find the right place at the right price. I am always on the lookout for good ones for my customers, many of whom live there and others who look to flip or rent out.

Ann Zemaitis
Sr. Vice President
Charles Rutenberg Realty
917-676-1950
Licensed Real Estate Sales Agent
azemaitis@CRRNYC.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
To piggy back off of Janet, you can also use the MNS and PDE reports. I've attached the link for the MNS report below, this is a little more rentals specific. I hope this helps!
Hi King_Bowser.

You can find that information in the latest quarterly report by Greg Heym, the Chief Economist at Hastead Property, the largest private real estate firm in NYC. Greg studies the market every day and he is frequently quoted in the media on these types of questions. Here is the link:
http://media.halstead.com/pdf/Halstead_QuarterlyReport_2Q12.pdf

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com
I believe Civic Center has 155% increase 2011 - 2012.

But what is the point of this question?

Do you mind sharing please?

Thanks.
My point was addressing the radical increase in sale price in one year compared to the other neighborhoods in Manhattan (although I should check outer boroughs) and that increases effect on subsidized housing, affordable housing, crime rate, and noticeable changes in the neighborhood., specifically new business opening up where mainly family business were located.
Flag Tue Jul 17, 2012

I don't really understand what you are asking here, but you can definitely find the answers at this link:

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/New_York-New_York/

Let me know if i can help further.

Warmest Regards,

Raoul Sodogandji
Member of ELITE
Licensed Salesperson

(o): 212.252.8772 (EXT.782)
(c): 347.993.8333
(e): raouls@nestseekers.com

" It is common in all businesses that the level of customer service, is usually based on income generated from that service given; which is fairly unfair to those who need just the same service of selling, buying or renting in New York City.

That's one of the reasons why we came up with ELITE. It is the highest standard level of same service given from a $2000 rental to a $40 Millions sale, and instead of treating the customers differently, we've decided to give them the ELITE service.

Let's help you with our services, no matter your budget, what you are selling or want to buy, we will give you and your referrals the same best experience ever lived. "