Market Conditions in Nyack>Question Details

Norah34, Home Owner in West Haverstraw, NY

IS THIS APT PRICED TO HIGH?

Asked by Norah34, West Haverstraw, NY Mon Feb 11, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3105758374-3-Salisbury-Pt-Nya…

Answers

12
Norah,

Best way to judge if the home is too high is to compare it to other homes. You can compare home prices at http://GeorgeC21.com - click on ALLTHE LISTINGS - you will be able to see all homes on the market. Call if you have additional questions. Best george
Hi Norah,

Here are some recent condos and co-ops listed in Nyack. I don't know if you are still considering moving there, but I thought I'd send you this information.

http://www.dreamhomesrocklandandorangeny.com/listings/proper…

In addition to the co-ops in Salisbury Point, which are lovely and many of them overlook the Hudson River, there are co-ops in Ivanhoe which is north of Main Street in Nyack, and other condos for you too.

Please contact me at 914-588-2365 so we can discuss your needs further and arrange a time to see property in Nyack or elsewhere that appeals to you.

Take care,
Ellen
Ellen Kippel
Weichert Realtors
Multi-million dollar producer
914-588-2365
http://www.dreamhomesrocklandandorangeny.com
Hi Norah,

Did you see the 1 bedroom that came on the market last week- for $139K?

Maureen McEnroe
I stand corrected unit 5 D went under contract in 12 days at 269,000. however this unit appears to be the same size + 20,000 dollars higher and in a little better shape. There probably is some room to negotiate as well. contact me if you need anything else, Allan
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! Have a great day!
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013
Im asking about the apt @ 3 salisbury pt #6D priced at $289,000. It is a one bedroom. It it still on the market? Thank you.
Just to update you this unit is already in contract in 12 days. Guess it was not overpriced!!
Hi Norah,

The last 1 bedroom co-op sold in Salisbury Point was last June--a 1 bedroom Co op with a seasonal river view on the 3rd floor sold for $159K. That coop was not as updated as the one you are asking about. There is value for the full river view, a higher floor, and the updates in the unit. There was a sale of a 3 bedroom 2 bath coop on the 6th floor overlooking the River--it sold for $289K. If you like the building and its amenities, I am aware of another 1 bedroom unit coming on the market in building 1. The unit is not as updated as this unit, but I expect it to be offered at an attractive price point leaving you money to update eh unit as you desire. If you are not already working with an agent, I would be delighted to help you locate and negotiate for a coop.
Maureen McEnroe
Fine Homes Specialist
Luxury Distressed Property Designation, ASD
Prudential Joyce Realty
Mmcenroe@prudentialjoye.com
914 588 1873
Keep in mind that a home is worth what someone is willing to pay, and what the seller will accept. If you are interested in the property, make an offer within your means, and go from there....
Hi Norah - a listing of mine in the complex just closed at $289,000 last Monday. Is the price on this unit too high? That's an interesting question when it comes to our local Co-op communities (I live in a Nyack Co-op and managed my own building and Salisbury Point for 5 years). Condition of the unit and location in the complex are a big deal in pricing for these Co-ops - even moreso for Salisbury Point. The unit I just sold is located in Building Four - it has a remarkable River View but also is located in building closest to the Tappan Zee Bridge and in the corner of that bulding that is located closest to the Bridge. That unit will have the most "Closeup" view of the bridge construction of any unit in the complex - as you can imagine, to many potential buyers that is not considered an optimum situation. The unit though beautifully maintained was not updated since the early 1990s.

The unit listed here is in the building furthest away from the bridge and facing UP the Hudson, not down. It also has extensive and very modern upgrades. Yes, it is smaller than the unit I sold, but the reasons stated above had an influence on the sale price. It all depends on you - the price range on this unit is not outside possiblity, you must ask yourself whether the updates and the view and the screening from the Bridge are worth it to YOU. Real Estate prices, above all, are based on "what the market will bear" - in other words, if the price works for the buyer it can sell at that price.

I must admit I love Co-op living and can highly recommend it! Good Luck on your search and feel free to contact me with any other questions you might have!
Can You afford it?
If so, do you like it enough, to offer the asking price?
If not, at what price do you like this home and are willing to offer?
When buying as a home, it is all about "how much you like it" - If buying for investment (flipping or renting), then it is all about the "numbers" .

george
Hi Norah, There were a couple that have sold for less, however, you need to consider the condition....plus it has a direct river view. A home in this condition is easily valued at $50k more than one that needs Kitchen, Baths, etc. If you would like more info or if you would like a Pro to negotiate this for you...contact me directly at 914-419-8442. realtorjohnm@gmail.com Best to you, John
Hello Norah, I would have to look at recent comps to answer that question. however, get in touch with me & I will provide you with all the answers you need, and be happy to show it to you or any other property as well. Allan