William Brok…, Real Estate Pro in Jamaica Plain, MA

How will the new administration effect real estate in the Boston Metro area?

Asked by William Brokhof, Jamaica Plain, MA Thu Nov 6, 2008

Specifically, how will changes in the administration handle the growing number of foreclosures and lis pendens, and how will home sales look as early as 2009? Will the "Yes we can" attitude positively affect home buyers?

I think that there is something to having a positive attitude based on a new administration. "Yes we can" will get the ball rolling, but if results are not seen it will have a very short shelf life. On a much smaller scale; what is the easier sell:
I know we have been listed for almost 180 days, but I think you should continue to work with me to get your home sold. Or:

You have been on for almost 180 days now, isn’t it time for some fresh marketing ideas? Why don't you list with me this time and let me get you the results that you want.

It will be much easier to get the listing but, you had better bring some new marketing ideas and get some quick interest on the house because the only thing easier than being the second Realtor is being the third.

It was as simple of a decision to vote for a new administration as it was to vote against the current one. I do believe that the country is optimistic that the change will be positive. That is a good start now let’s see how we handle the unemployment crunch as well as the Wall St. mess. A good outcome will allow the housing market to recover.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 8, 2008
Let's be real....................

Is it fair to expect a "quick fix" for a utter mess that took years to create? The fact that an election took place is, obviously not a solution. Realists expect this to be a long term issue requiring years not days!
Look at the stock market the last 2 days.... there is your direction