Jodi Rychlik, Home Owner in Hawthorn Woods, IL

How well have sales been doing in Hawthorn Woods that are in Dist. #96 Last year had our home for sale and nothing.

Asked by Jodi Rychlik, Hawthorn Woods, IL Mon Nov 4, 2013

Answers

6
Hi Jodi, the market can be said to be steady to improving and If you did not sell last year, a re- evaluation of price could be valuable. With Inventory decreasing, there is a significant change in the market. Price and condition are the reasons homes are selling. If you are in tip top shape, have a good location and are priced right (at or below market value: Not high with "wiggle room").,your home wil sell.
Call me for a free Market evaluation.
My Best,
Lynn Fairfield
(847)557-8542
RE/MAx sububan
Hawthorn Woods Resident
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 4, 2013
how did you issue get resolved? Hawthorn woods seems to be moving as far as I see. Sweet spot for sellers is coming up soon. Let me know if you require anything or would like to ask more questions.
http://www.athomewithkaren.com
HI! I find that the further away from Chicago, the slower the market. Not just because of density, but mostly because of commute. HW also has more land around a house typically and most people desire that -but some don't. Well water or septic can be an issue for some. Overall, if you are priced right when there are buyers out there- it'll sell. when the market is not so active , price reductions don't always help. The inventory definitely shoots up in the spring- however, I find a lot of luck listing in the off season as the inventory is low but there are always buyers out. All it takes is one buyer!!The market tends to slow down in July which provides people with a 2 month cushion the align a mortgage and get into a house before school starts. this year I have seen activity higher than last year. I am happy to report that most buyers at the moment are relocation buyers. Which tells me that companies are hiring!! however, relocation buyers prefer to have their new homes to be updated and done. They can't deal with moving to a new area and then having to redo a house. Good luck to you- let me know if I can be of service. Any decent and creative realtor should be able to help- but call me if you are in need.
Karen Feldman
broker
CB
847 858-5875
Hi Jodi,
I am a 17 year resident in Hawthorn Woods, and would love to share market data with you regarding what has been happening in our neighborhood over the past year. You don't indicate if your home was listed by a professional Realtor. I can tell you that 89% of Buyers purchased through an agent, and 90% of all home Buyers search online during their home buying process. Having said that, exposure, presence and marketing is key to getting your home sold in today's market.

If you think you might want to list your home in the near future, give me a call and we can talk about my marketing plan and strategy.
Susan
847/508-7355
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
Hi Jodi,
I know your home and subdivision. There were probably some things that could gave been changed.
If you r interested in trying to sell again contact me and we can go over your unique situation.
Thanks for asking.
Coleen
Jodi

Stevenson High properties did very well this year. I can see you never really got the traction on your listing that you were looking for. The biggest challenge is that your home is unique and appeals to a smaller segment of the population. There are a few things in the listing/marketing of your home that could have been done differently to get you better results.

Geoff Ommen
Broker Baird & Warner
847-271-2622
geoff.ommen@bairdwarner.com
http://www.geoffgetsit.com