Market Conditions in 53965>Question Details

Rudy McCormi…, Real Estate Pro in Milwaukee, WI

How to stop agents from shopping your offer?

Asked by Rudy McCormick, Milwaukee, WI Mon Sep 15, 2008

This happens more today than ever, how do you stop agents and brokers from showing your offer to other buyers and getting them to beat your offer? The last one was $25,000 over list and the listing agent still claims to have gotten a better offer on his own with out releasing the terms.

Answers

4
Rudy,

That's extremely unethical!

If you have proof of such a thing, you'll have to let them know you'll report them for unethical practices...

Jolie Lindholm
Red Reef Realty Inc.
http://www.redreefrealty.com
561.756.2363 (cell)
AIM: Redipad2
SKYPE: Jolie.Lindholm
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 15, 2008
Yet another reason why in a survey Realtors were second from the bottom in the "Most Respected Profession" list!
Rudy: I agree with Jolie... It is extremely unethical and such practice is not allowed. If you have proof that this is going on.. you should consider reporting the happenings to the proper agencies.
I hope that is not really going on. Unfortunately there are some agents out there that affect how people look at the industry. I'm happy to say that I have wondered maybe one or two times in the last 15 years, but it is not common and likely I was just being suspicious!
Flag Sun Mar 2, 2014
I am sure "Rudy" is long gone, considering this question was asked in Sept, of 2008!!!!!!!
If you look under the question, you will see the date it was posted
Flag Sun Mar 2, 2014