Market Conditions in Laurel>Question Details

Henrys, Other/Just Looking in Laurel, MD

How strong is the market in 20708 area of Laurel?

Asked by Henrys, Laurel, MD Sun Mar 4, 2012

Answers

4
I can send you a report with statistics, but I can only email it to you, I can not give you the link because it is a part of a subscribed service. The report can narrow down to zip code, type of house and/or monthly, quarterly, annually and YTD. I would be happy to send any other areas that you might be interested in. Just let me know what you need!
If you like, shoot me an email so I have your address and I will get the report(s) to you,
-T
p.s. my office is in Ellicott City, but Laurel is my stomping grounds! =)
Looking to purchase in Laurel, Elkridge, or Ellicott City. My budget is 300k, looking for move in ready (renovated or new) and garage (1 or 2), are you able to assist me?
Flag Sun Oct 7, 2012
Hi Henrys, overall the market has slowly but surely been improving. MD's inventory levels are at their lowest in years and good properties tend to sell faster with some receiving multiple offers. By good I mean maintained & upgraded and priced correctly.

However, no two subdivisions are alike and it really depends on where you are looking - Oaklands is different than Montpelier, Patuxent Green different than Applewalk. There are currently 47 homes active on the market ranging in price from 65K to 479,900. 63 homes sold during the last 180 days ranging from 55K to 550K with an average price of 239K. During the same time frame a year earlier 67 homes closed with an average sales price of 221K.

If you have any particular subdivisions in mind please feel free to contact me, I'd be happy to research it more in depth for you.

Best wishes
The market has been slowly improving. As always conditions can vary from one subdivision to the next but values are stable or improving now.
The market across the board is getting better right now. There is lower inventory levels out there and interest rates are near all time lows causing buyers to start acting.

Let me know if I can help you further.
Web Reference: http://123move.net