Rich, Home Buyer in Miami Shores, FL

How's the real estate market in Miami Shores?

Asked by Rich, Miami Shores, FL Tue Sep 23, 2008

I'm planning on moving to Miami Shores next summer and I'm wondering what the market is doing there. I know it was pretty hot last year. It looks like it's slowed quite a bit. What does the next 6 months look like? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

4
All South Florida market is improving
Hi Rich,

Miami Shores is a wonderful very well established community. It is very centrally located and has seemed to weather this storm better than most areas. Yes, there are foreclosures and short sales here, but there are some great deals out there to be had! I just came across a property today listed at $119,900 (2bed/1ba) that sold in Jan. 2007 for $409,000. This is less than I paid for a similar property 10 YEARS ago in Miami Shores!!!!

I don't know what your price range is or what your criterion is, but you need to start looking now. I'm not saying you need to buy RIGHT NOW. But you need to start preparing yourself NOW so that when an opportunity comes along you can jump on it quickly. Let me know if you have any questions.

laura graves
Short Sale & REO Specialist

p.s. Rick & Ines are also a great source!
Hey Rich,
We live, work and breathe Miami Shores. I have lived there for over 25 years and can tell you all you want to know about it. We have a special section on Miami Shores in our website at:

http://www.miamism.com/genre/Miami+Shores+Real+Estate

Compared to surrounding neighborhoods, sales are still strong and there is a price range for everyone - from modest $270,000 homes to multi-million waterfront properties. We have seen movement pick up a bit in the past 2 months and see people that were renting starting to buy and also investors moving in (which is an obvious sign of a recuperating market). But I won't lie to you, there are also a few short sales and foreclosures - but I wouldn't change Miami Shores for anything.

You will really love it here,
Ines
Web Reference: http://www.miamism.com
You will see that Miami Shores is holding up very well. Like most of Florida and the world in general- real estate values have taken a beating. As it has been said; "What goes up- must come down"

Values have increased so dramatically in the previous few years- it is only natural that prices stabilize. Rick and Ines, or should I say- Ines and Rick are local area specialists and can give you what I believe is the best guidance in Miami Shores. They operate http://www.Miamism.com

If I were looking in Miami Shores- that is where I would start my search!