G, Both Buyer and Seller in West Palm Beach, FL

How's the market in West Palm Beach's South of Southern/ South End? Try to sell now or stay and renovate?

Asked by G, West Palm Beach, FL Fri Sep 28, 2007

Marilyn Farber Jacobs’ answer
Depends on your NEXT plans, where you plan to move. If you can find a real good buy, sell now while that buy is priced low... if you need help locating properties, see my website and email me from there. Don't renovate unless you plan to stay a while. Right now buyers don't want to pay for your renovations.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 28, 2007
I work investors on a local and statewide basis and the general Consensus is that now is a great time to buy and hold. I am recommending a hold time of 2-5 years. I know that is not what a lot of “flippers” want to hear but that is my best advice. There are some scenarios where, if you do your homework, and find a good rehab in a highly desirable and stable neighborhood that the potential for flipping is still an option. In that case, it really pays to know your numbers as in a very spot on Comparative Market Analysis with comprehensive recent sales, pendings, and expired. Also, know who your buyers are and make sure you have a strong marketing plan to reach them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 28, 2007
I'm not acquainted with your personal finances/assets but Southern Palm Beach is prime property. Assuming you want a good return on your investment I honestly can't think of a better location to purchase. N.E. Lauderdale is no longer affordable to most people unless you purchased a home long long long ago. In fact, flawless 3/2 homes are being bulldozed down to accomodate so called "McMansions" - So current homeowners are either being taxed out of their neighborhoods or being paid off millions of dollars so people can build. Its all about the location however I would take my chances purchasing a larger home located more east rather than a smaller home located further west in Lauderdale for the same money. Good luck finding even a respectable 2/2 for >300,000k As expensive as it may seem, it will be worth the risk. The South Florida Market is real estate proof if you ask me. God's not making any more land. Not in South Florida anyway. I would stretch your dollar to the point of agony to get as east of Federal Highway as possible. Good luck, and make sure you consult with a realtor who actually knows what I think I know :)
The market in West Palm, including South End, is experiencing a surge in sales, and a decreased inventory. Supply and demand still play the biggest role, if your property is unique to your neighborhood, and you feel you can price it to sell at a realistic price (one a great Realtor would be best suited to advise you), then the odds are in your favor for a successful selling experience.

The important fact to remember about the Palm Beach market is that it is seasonal, starting in October and increasing through those gorgeous winter months when the most of the country is covered with snow and cold weather. If you are going to sell, now is the time to get on the market before season, investors in the next 6 to 9 months will be particularly attentive with the interest that comes when hurricane season dies down and the weather turns cool.

Best of luck, Jennifer Kilpatrick, Realtor/Palm Beach County
Depends on the subdivision or area we are talking about and the situaltion with the property you can email me te address and I will be happy to check it out online and research a value for you ted@mypbchomes.com goood look http://www.sellmypbchomes.com
Web Reference: http://mypbchomes.com
The question was "how's the market in the south end?" No one answered that ! I'd like to know myself. Is it selling and what has the market value become?
I hope you sold in 2007 and kept the money
Web Reference: http://mypbchomes.com
Been a while since this article was writting, hopefully you waited to buy! NOW is the time!