Ritareplyz, Home Owner in Everett, WA

How much would it cost to build a basic 1 bdrm, 1 bth. 500 sq. ft apt. without laundry over existing flat roof garage in everett, wa?

Asked by Ritareplyz, Everett, WA Sun Jul 8, 2012

Answers

2
I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of $50k-75k. But, there are so many variables. Go to the city & see what it required. Then you will need an architect to design it, then get bids from contractors.

Good luck, Jirius Isaac
Yours is a question for a contractor. The City of Everett building code will have some impact on building costs. Is the garage able to support a 2nd story? My guess is, you may need to reinforce the foundation. In terms of construction costs, a lot depends on you. Will there be a half bath, or a full bath? Are you planning a full kitchen or just a kitchenette? I think its safe to assume a range of $75 to $125 per square foot. I presume there are several local contractors that are willing to give you a bid, at no cost to you.