Vinitakumar, Home Buyer in New York, NY

How much will this area appreciate in the next 5 years?

Asked by Vinitakumar, New York, NY Sun Dec 22, 2013

This question was asked from http://=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F3123179959-65-Gard-Ave-Bronxvil… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3123179959-65-Gard-Ave-Bronxv…

Answers

9
Anyone attempting to provide specific information relative to this post should have their head examined......unless they have access to a functional crystal ball that really works!

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 23, 2013
Unfortunately none us of the ability to predict the future, and if anyone really did not sure the information be disclosed to all; therefore if you like the area, like the property, know it's within your current budget, no reason not to consider the purchase and no reason to worry about what may, or may not, happen down road...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 23, 2013
Westchester appreciates at a rate of about 9% annually.
Hopefully you find this helpful!
If you like stats, then write me and I will send you more market stats on Bronxville/Westchester.
vernise.cardillo@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
Vernise - can you please provide a reference for your statement?
Flag Mon Dec 23, 2013
Bronxville PO is in Yonkers. While it is walking distance to Bronxville train station, it is walking distance to Mount Vernon too. I think PO will stay ok (especially Bronxville Village). Nevertheless,the proximity to bad areas is somewhat concerning. Since I noticed some beautiful homes in Mt. Vernon which resembledsome homes in PO, I say to myself anything can change for the worse.
I think the best advice anyone can give/take, is to look for areas in the location you want to buy, within your price range, that have shown a history of holding or appreciating in value. That being said, no one can really predict where the market will go in 5 years, regardless of the area or history. If you want to buy now, look for the best value in a home and in a location that's a good fit you and your needs.

Barbara O'Connell
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson NYS
Margot Bennett, Inc.
914-548-1628
Will the dollar hold its power? Are any major employers moving to the area? Is the city starting a bond program to spruce us this area?

Determining appreciation in an environment that the government cannot even agree to pay their debt is not an easy thing to do.
Predictions are very difficult, especially about the future.
All towns are different and nobody can properly predict what the appreciation will be. We can go by past stats and current market but that's about it. Luckily for you Bronxville is an extremely desirable area, especially if the home is in Bronxville school district. Prices in all areas of WestchesterCame down a bit during the past few years but some worse then others. Bronxville proper has always proven to be a good investment.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
RealEstate Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914 406 9023
If anyone is going to predict, or know with certainty, how much a home will appreciate (or, if it will appreciate at all) over the next 5 years, I wish they'd take a trip to Atlantic City with me first!

ps

if you buy that house, with the glass inserts on the kitchen cabinet......s and open shelves, you better be very neat, and have lovely dishes and crystal!

:)

Best wishes.........
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013