Blank, Other/Just Looking in Blanket, TX

How much is the commission rate for a NJ Weichert real estate salesperson?

Asked by Blank, Blanket, TX Sat Feb 2, 2013

I am a young person considering a career in Real Estate. I am investigating the market and pay levels to see if Real Estate is the way to go.

Answers

5
Brokerages will vary on the "split" they pay agents. Your best bet is to speak to a number of brokerages and ask them to explain what your split will be when you begin and what it will take to improve upon that split. Also ask about any other expenses you may incur.

As a new agent, training will be very important so be sure to ask about training resources and mentoring as you learn the business.

I would be happy to speak to you about my own experience - I have been with two brokerages - the first a very traditional brokerage and now Keller Williams.

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 2, 2013
Hi Dominque All commissions in NJ are negotiable regardless of which company you decide to work for. If you are considering a career in real estate just call a few different brokers for a pre-interview and they will be happy to tell you what their pay structure is for new agents. Some may even assist you with getting your real estate license.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2013
Debbie Rose, below, has given you the best answer. Your questions are way to premature for an person just investigating the field.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2013
thank you!
Flag Mon Feb 4, 2013
Honestly, this is not the place or way to investigate how you may be compensated in real estate.

You need to make an appointment with the office manager, and let them discuss their agent compensation plans.

Different companies offer different options.
Some companies will offer more perks than others.,
At that meeting, you need to sit down and take notes so you can compare and contrast what it will cost you, and what the commission splits may be.

Best wishes.....
Hello Dominique,
I have to second Jeanne's voice. Each brokerage house has different approaches. Some are all about the company and you are just a replaceable "cog." A precious few, like Keller Williams, are about the agent and her businesss and they support us because they know it makes them better. I've worked with Weichert, Coldwell Banker, EXIT, and now Keller Williams. I will tell you in no uncertain terms that I've never experienced a company like KW.

Call me. I'd like to invite you to attend an incredible training session or sales rally...no cost, no obligation. I'm just excited to share the enthusiasum and save you some years of learning curve!

Leni
973.207.9803