Dan, Home Owner in Rogers Park, Chicago,...

How much have property values declined in Rogers Park on homes east of Glenwood since June 2008?

Asked by Dan, Rogers Park, Chicago, IL Thu Dec 22, 2011

As everyone else has said, this is property specific. But, for the whole Rogers Park MLS area, the Median and Average prices are very similar and right now sit at around $300k. In 2008 that was $349k.
In 2000, that was $339k.

I am not sure what you are looking to benchmark, but there you go, from The Chicago Association of Realtors Archive.

I would be glad to do a valuation for your home and / or the immediate area if you want more detailed data.

Its all relative to the particular property. Most properties up there have really come down. It would be safe to say that they have dropped at least 20%. If you have a particular location, and agent would be able to give you a better example and email it to you.
There are too many possible variables to consider, but it has been brutal up there. RP might be the worst performiong neighborhood ont he North side at the moment. SOme values have come down 50% or more in the past 4 years. Condos have been particularly hard hit, but everything is way off. It has been good if you are a buyuer and ugle if you need to sell.
It depends on the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, size and or number of units. Also, are you comparing condos, entire buildings, single family homes or town homes. It's just relative.
Hey Dan,

Although every home is different (making it impossible to say for certain until I get more information) the Rogers Park real estate market has declined substantially and, in my opinion, is still declining.

If you're curious of your home's value, I'd be happy to run a market analysis of the neighborhood which will show you exactly what kind of homes/condos are selling and at what prices. This is the best way to pinpoint your home's value.

I'm available right away so feel free to call or email me.

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
309-269-3499 CELL