Doug Thoman, Home Buyer in Anchorage, KY

How much have home prices changes last year in Anchorage, KY?

Asked by Doug Thoman, Anchorage, KY Fri Feb 6, 2009

Answers

4
I know that this is an older question, but I thought that this was interesting. I located it on one of the "other" RE sites I visit!

Estimated median house or condo value in 2011: $627,870 (it was $405,800 in 2000)

Hope that everyone is having a great weekend!

Michael
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
One Realtor's Opinion.

Prices have always been the result of negotiations between buyer and seller.
Sellers stressed to sell are not to be calculated as the typical arms length transactions.
Unfortunately we talk more of those than the ones that are not.
Prices have not tumbled they were over inflated. Today the market is normalizing. It is becoming affordable for more people.A lesson that all buyers should remember . Buying is easy keeping it is more difficult.
The solution for a good deal where the payments are affordable and the ability to pay it off in a short time is a part of the program. Mortgages are like landlords . It is the difference in knowing when it is yours or someone else is collecting your rent. Anchorage is just like any city in America. When there is unemployment the debt goes unpaid. Think of that when you buy a house and before you start renovating the kitchen or pouring money into decorating instead of paying off debt.
In today's market price is not as important as value and affordability. What it cost you per month without spending oodles of money to repair. The younger the house the more time you have to enjoy it. No need to buy wholesale . Buy resale there are great deals out there through out the country, as long as they are in good shape
A fixer upper may cost you less in the beginning but it will eat your valet in the long term

Thank you for listening visited your beautiful state this summer just passing through.
Gabe

.
I live in Anchorage and home values have only dropped approx. 4.5% according to the latest data from Board of Realtors, however Anchorage is a highly sought after area of East Louisville that it should rebound soon, we hope.
I'm not sure specifically regarding Anchorage, but the Greater Louisville area as a whole has probably seen about a 3% decrease in home prices. It would be best to have a Realtor pull some recent comparables for you in the specific area that you are targeting.