tppritch, Home Owner in Fort Myers, FL

How much has the average price per home increased or decreased over the last 3 years in Fort Myers? (Jan 1, 2000-Jan 1, 2013.)

Asked by tppritch, Fort Myers, FL Fri Jan 4, 2013

Sarah Garrett’s answer
My clients are getting anywhere from 11%-41% depending on the city, type of dwelling and amenities. There are still quite a few newer homes that need some TLC that can make that investment pop higher than any money market or 401K plan will see for quite some time. Real Estate will always be the best investment in most portfolios. Thanks for asking your question.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2012" By Gulfshore Life Magazine
Web Access to MLS:
Single family home? Condo? All have different appreciation levels, and there's nothing but up here in Estero/Bonita Springs. To be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in these numbers. If I said the average property increase was 12% or 20%, what does that tell you exactly? The best properties always rise in value ahead of the rest. I already see people making serious $$ on investment properties here because of the quality of life. If I can help, click on my contact link. Thanks!
I have heard as much as 27% increase. Are you thinking of buying or selling? I would love to help
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
Prices of houses have, on average throughout Lee County, have increased 10%-15% per year in the last 2 years. I project they will go up even more as more home builders get back to pre-2004 trends. Let me know if you would like to get a deal on the tail end of this recession. I work with a lot of bank-owned foreclosures, short sales, HUD properties, etc.

Ray Rauber (352) 812 2060
I agree with my peers. On the other hand in general Lee County as a whole prices have jumped 33% from last year, and with no guaranties, my personal opinion is they will go up at a min 40% more in the next 2 years. I you want breakdowns by area and more specific reasons on my opinion I would be happy to share.
Jesse is right - it would help if you gave a specific area / neighborhood but for the most part prices increased significantly over the last year.
You would get a better read on things if you go by group together is to give a false sense of comfort. What neighborhood(s) are you inquiring about?