esblackie, Renter in Davis, OK

How much do I have to have in reserves in order to look around forest hills and kew gardens and also the down payment?

Asked by esblackie, Davis, OK Sun Feb 23, 2014

Answers

3
If purchasing with a mortgage, the downpayment will depend on the type of loan you qualify for, therefore for a personalized answer visit with any licensed loan officer; be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously. As to the reserves it depends and if interested in co-ops, boards have their financial requirements that must be met, and each is different.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 23, 2014
You dont need reserves to look around but if you are looking for a coop, they require 20% down.
At closing the rule of thumb is to have 6 months to 1 years worth of mortgage and maintenance in your checking account. This should be what you have left after closing fees. I hope this helps you even if I am answering your question a bit late.
The amount you will need depends on what type of home and loan you are looking for. If you are looking to purchase a co-op, expect to have to come up with 20% of the purchase price. You will still need some extra cash on top to cover closing costs. A conventional non-jumbo loan may require less of a down-payment. Please consider consulting with a mortgage professional for a detailed evaluation and consultation.