Shortysfishin, Home Owner in Happy Valley, OR

How many wedding were there in Happy Valley last year?

Asked by Shortysfishin, Happy Valley, OR Mon Nov 15, 2010

Answers

2
June Lizotte, Retired Broker’s answer
Maybe you can find your answer by inquiring here:
support@searchnationalrecords.com

or here:

Center for Health Statistics
PO Box 14050
Portland, OR 97293-0050

8:00 AM - 4:45 PM
health.webmaster@state....

Phone: 971-673-1190
Phone: 971-673-1180
Fax: 971-673-1201

I don't know if those stats are going to be readily available. And I'm not quite sure how weddings are related to this real estate web site, except that I took a stab at answering this because I am also a florist specializing in weddings (a little known fact among my Real Estate colleagues). I do know you can go to the county and see the records but you would have to go through them individually and count each one separately if a Happy Valley address was given to see how many HV residents were married. Simply because a marriage license was obtained in Clackamas County it doesn't mean they married or settled in a particular area. They could be married anywhere in the state. I don't know how you will find out the answer to that question, but maybe Oregon Vital Records can help. The contact details are above. Happy research!

Floral web site is Http://www.bloomsandroomspdx.com (for those inquiring minds or soon to be marrieds!)
Real Estate Web site is Http://www.junelizotte.com

June Lizotte, Principal Broker
June Lizotte Real Estate
Providing REAL Service
503-310-8032
Web Reference: http://www.junelizotte.com
I am not sure how many weddings there were but I think that people are down sizing and living smaller. The real question is how many divorces with the short sales? The market stats for Portland metro just came out for Oct and it says that the number of closed sales and new listings were the lowest in 3 years for the month of October. The area of Milwaukie Clackamas is down 6.7% from last year. The number of buyers and sellers are down everywhere. The number of buyers should be up with interest rates at 50 year lows but qualifications are much harder today and that is the reason for fewer buyers and sellers wanting what the neighbors sold for 3 years ago and they see they missed the market but they can still try anyway.

Tom Inglesby, Broker, RE/MAX Equity Group
503-319-9035