Market Conditions in Atlanta>Question Details

Trulia Atlan…, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

How many homes should one at least consider before choosing one?

Asked by Trulia Atlanta, Atlanta, GA Thu Mar 14, 2013

Answers

5
There is no minimum. Many people fall in love with the first home they see. A good buyer agent would have already researched homes based on the buyers criteria of needs, wants and dont wants. Many buyers listen to this BAD advice of having to see a certain numbers of homes and find that the one they loved (The 1st one) has notw been bought by someone else and they live with regret,
After touring 10 homes a buyer should know what suits their lifestyle. BUT, before setting foot in a house for sale, potential home buyers should:

1. Get pre-approved for a mortgage loan
2. Figure out what neighborhood suits their lifestyle: could be work related, could be centered on nighlife, recreational facilties or schools. This is a very personal decision.
3. Search hundreds of homes online.
4. Talk with a Realtor and discuss housing options. Set up a feed from the MLS service that delivers new listings directly to their personal email inbox.
5. Then start touring homes.
Sally English
Atlanta Real Estate agent
If a buyer is serious and realistic, and the have a diligent agent searching for homes that TRULY fit the buyer's specs:

1. Location
2. Price
3. Size
4. Amenities

If the agent is showing the right homes, and buyer is ready to go, they may only have to view one or two homes before they are ready to submit an offer. Now how long it takes to get an offer accepted (IN THIS MARKET) can be a whole different story.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Oh well, this is a truly interesting question, and when Realtors give their input, I suppose the answer will be if the buyer is ready and really NEEDS to buy, and they have done some exploring on the internet, after they have seen a handful or so home that all fit their needs, they should be ready.......

Well I do not think so, this is a very personal decision, and in many cases the biggest investment decision a buyer will make in their life time, I want them to see a variety of home styles, floor plans,
locations, yard sizes, amenities and quality levels, so that when they find the right home, they will be
the most well educated buyer and they will be sure that they decided on the right property for themselves.

I always want my buyers to fall in love with the home, or parts of the home, so that when in the future after they become the home owners they walk up to their home, they smile and they are happy about
their decision. This is MY JOB as their Realtor, finding, showing, and negotiating the right terms and
price on my buyers' behalf and in their very best interest....

If they are quick deciders great, if they take time, then they should take time, and once they decide
on a home, they should definitely see it for a second time before making an offer....

None of my buyers have bought a home unless they have seen good 10 to 15 homes, often they realized that in their price range they may have to start looking in a different town or suburb to find
what they are looking for, or they decide to raise their price range and then we start looking again
at different homes... So it is as individual for each buyer as it is to decide WHO TO MARRY....:-)
Well some people meet and get married a month later, and other are dating for 2 years or more
and many get engaged for 2 or 3 years before getting married, and everything beyond....

I think we are all different, and a buyer should go with they own comfort level when it comes to spending their hard earned money.
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
At least one, more than that is optional.
thank you,
I was thinking of something stupid to say.
Flag Thu Mar 14, 2013