Market Conditions in Frisco>Question Details

Padmini, Home Buyer in Frisco, TX

How is the sales trend of townhomes in frisco? Will I be able to sell it for a good margin in 3-5 years?

Asked by Padmini, Frisco, TX Sun Nov 9, 2008

i am planning to buy a townhome in frisco. it is 3 bedroom 2.5 bath. I am concerned if it would be better to buy single family than townhomes. Please advise

Answers

5
Townhome and duplex products in Frisco haven't shown to have high rates of return in the short-term, but they are a relatively new product to our area. We are mostly single family homes, and in some cases you can buy a 4-bedroom single family home for less than a 3-bedroom townhome. Rule of investment is to make the wisest purchase with the greatest potential at resale. In Frisco, that still points to single family homes.
Web Reference: http://www.rondaallen.net
Padmini,

The short answer is no. However, if you are getting the deal of the century on it, you may be able to turn a profit. If you're paying market value then you will very likely break even or have a very small profit after all closing costs and expenses incurred when selling a property.

Frisco is very family oriented so usually buyers are looking for a home with a yard which a townhouse doesn't offer. Another important factor is having a 2 car garage, I assume it has one. That's a must for resale in Frisco.

With a townhouse, you have monthly HOA dues that you never recover either.

Naima
214-289-8555
naima@sumner-realty.com
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com
Padmini,

None of us can predict the future. Look at the mess we're in. The difference is really lifestyle. Most of the people in townhomes I see have a particular lifestyle. Perhaps gone all the time, back for 1 1/2 days on the weekend. Maybe gone 3 weeks at a time. Also lots of single females who just don't want to take care of all the details of home ownership. Margin...tought to tell.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
The margins for Townhomes does not increase like a single family home does unless it is new. Stick with a house if you are looking for margin increases and to gain the equity but be careful. also, contact a Realtor and ask them to look at the market and what the projected growth is in that particukar area. I work with a lot of investors who look at these trends to determine the estimated equity.

if you have any questions feel free to give me a call at 972-529-5555 or email at charden@remax.net

Thanks and have a great day
Based on the previous 5 years, stick with single family residences. In 2004 the average sold price of a SFR was $264K... today (YTD) the average is $306K (that's a 16% increase). Townhomes sold for $261K in 2004 and today close for $178K (that's a 32% drop). The numbers don't lie.

Compiling statistical information is my specialty and that's why I am a great buyer's agent. Best of all, all my negotiating skills and mathematical talents are provided to you as a buyer at no cost.

If I can be of any additional assistance please feel free to contact me directly. Thanks & good luck!

Mike Gonzalez, REALTOR®
Listing Specialist / Buyer Representative
Keller Williams Realty Dallas Northwest
Direct: (214) 783-4240 | MikeTX@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 9, 2008