Lev, Home Buyer in Avon, CT

How is the market in Old Lyme?

Asked by Lev, Avon, CT Sun Jun 10, 2012

Answers

2
Love Old Lyme,
It is different, not for everybody, but it is a piece of tranquility near the water. Great place for boating or grab a ferry in New London to Islands. Take a train to NY from Old Saybrook; lots of nearby opportunities for getaways. But best of all, it is on the river, ocean, back bay. Kayakers, boaters and over all chill people will like Old Lyme. I will be here as long as I can. It is still priced reasonably and has some real deals too. But those people moving in should know that town regulations are archaic, which is probably the reason the town is locked in time...Little to no commercialization.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 19, 2014
Our current inventory in Old Lyme is at a low! Homes have been snapped up this winter and shy sellers are just waiting for the snow to melt. Now is the time folks! Imagine that boaters will be on the river in less than 6 weeks!
Flag Sat Mar 21, 2015
Good -evening,
The market is moving down here on the shoreline. With interest rates at a all time low, it get the buyers off the fence.
We have seen many homes close in all price ranges.
If I can answers any other questions for you please e-mail.
Inventory this last 2 months for my business partner are, 61 Billow sold shy of a million, 65 Centerbeach high 300,000 , 57 Saltaire 450,000 Beechwood closing on Friday price close to asking.
New listing @ POINT O WOODS just shy 2 million.
Have a great evening.

Nancy