Market Conditions in 18901>Question Details

ldeo98, Home Owner in 18974

How is the inventory in Bucks County PA?

Asked by ldeo98, 18974 Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

10
As of March 31, 2012 Bucks County Single Family inventory is down 7.2%. The exact increase or decrease depends on the community. Listings are not keeping up with demand.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2012
Based on what I have been seeing when showing my clients homes, is the inventory is good, but the inventory of updated/nice homes, that are priced right, is low. I currently have clients looking for a home in the Doylestown/Warrington area around $500,000 but are having trouble finding one that has a nice layout and has had recent updates. Overall, it the market depends on if you are a buyer or seller and what price range the home is in. The weather has a lot to do with the timing of homes being listed and the winter so far has been cold and filled with storms. Spring should be here soon and with it, more homes and better inventory.
Focusing on all of Bucks County on a rolling 12 month basis, overall residential inventory is up versus the previous year. 10766 homes were listed from 12/12-12/13 versus 9884 for the same 12 month period 12/11-12/12. That is approximately 1n 8% increase. However, the inventory also equates to a 6.1 month supply versus a 7,5 month supply in the previous year. This means that more homes are selling! and the average price inched up by 2.8% across the county. Remember, that every area is different in terms of supply, days on market and price variation.

* All data was retrieved from TREND MLS.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want information about a more specific area.

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
Ranked #1 In The State of PA in 2012 For Affiliated Coldwell Banker International Realtors
2012 Coldwell Banker International President’s Elite Award
2010-2011 Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle Award
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
http://www.FrankDolski.Com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
I can personally recommend a great Realtor who works this area in Gita Bantwal.

Gita Bantwal, REALTOR,ABR,CRS,SRES,GRI - Bucks County
Real Estate Agent / Warwick, PA
RE/MAX Centre Realtors - RE/MAX International Inc.
Mobile (215) 275-8491
Office 2153438200x124
Inventories vary in each area, subdivision and township. In my opinion, the inventory is lower in the Bucks County area, as more homes have sold this year verus the same period last year. It is a great time for someone to list their homes. I too have encountered multiple offers on many of my listings. Please contact me if you have any additional questions.

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
2010-2011 Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle Award Recipient
CARTUS & SIRVA Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
http://www.FrankDolski.Com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Good inventory is dwindling and I have encountered multiple offers four times within the last few weeks. If this is any indication...I have five buyers looking in the Bucks County area, specifically in Centennial, Central Bucks, Council Rock, New Hope/Solebury and Pennsbury school districts price ranging from $275,000 to $750,000 and they are just waiting for the right home to come on the market to jump on. When a home is priced correctly, for it's location and condition, it will sell quickly.
If you need more information concerning your particular neighborhood, please feel free to contact me directly, the cell is always on for any and all questions.

Janice Redwanowski
REALTOR, e-PRO
Prudential Fox & Roach, Realtors
677 S State Street
Newtown, PA 18940
215-860-9300 office
215-828-4813 cell
Things are picking up! I'd be happy to sit down with you, share the statistics and provide a market analysis on your home. No obligation!
Nancy
In which areas? Not seeing it in all?
Flag Sat Oct 27, 2012
Things are picking up! Of course it depends on the price range; I'd be happy to view your home & sit down to share stats & do a market analysis of your home. No obligation!

Nancy McCann
RE/MAX Centre
(215) 570-4443
http://www.NancyMcCann.net
Hi Ideo, the inventory is high, so it is still a Buyer's market. That said, if you are moving to another home, it has been shown that you can actually offset any loss by buying low at the currently low interest rates.

The most important pieces in this market are:

-Price it right. The number one reason a house doesn't sell is price. If you are having no showings, it's overpriced. It's as simple as that.

-With the amount of inventory, you have to take the time and care to make sure you are putting the best product forward. Think of it as a retail store. You wouldn't put broken, dirty, unattractive products on your shelves. Nor would you hide them in the back. You have to declutter, make any necessary repairs, stage (can be as simple as rearranging what you already have) and take good photos. A good brochure wouldn't hurt either.

-Lastly, an aggressive launch or marketing push is essential. Broker's open luncheon, email blast, professionally-run open houses, etc. Remember, most Buyers use a Realtor, so if the top Brokers aren't made aware your house is new to the market, they're clients may not see it.

Hope this helps! If you would like to pick my brain further, please reach out.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com