Market Conditions in 75035>Question Details

Amungur, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

How is the housing market in Frisco? I know we missed the school year but how would be the market if we want to sell now?

Asked by Amungur, Dallas, TX Thu Aug 4, 2011

Its a house in plantation resort by Lebanon and Hillcrest.

Answers

16
Buy/Sell through me and I'll move you for FREE*!!!

Frisco is a great place to live if you are looking to sell getting the right Realtor is key, I am happy to help you with the process of selling your home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHqLnD70ggs

*some restrictions apply, contact me for details*
Right now continues to be a great time to sell, as well as to buy. Housing prices continue to rise and interest rates have risen, but leveled-off, but we don;t exactly know what rates will do next year, but many are assuming rates will climb next year.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
Now is a great time to sell! I cannot stress that enough. Almost every home that I have been involved in over the last month has received multiple offers. Most of the homes are not even on the market for a week before receiving offers.

Make sure your home is priced accurately from the beginning and that your agent uses a staging company and professional photos. If you do these things, your home will have no problem selling in a very short amount of time.

Best of luck to you!

Sara Savage

http://www.SaraSavageRealtor.com
Hello Amungur,

Please feel free to learn more about the area at: http://mbrownstead.kwrealty.com

Thank you!

Providing Solutions Because...Your Move Matters!

Michael L. Brownstead, GRI, ABR
REALTOR®
1002 Raintree Cir., Ste. 100
Allen, TX 75013
E-mail: MBrownstead@msn.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Frisco is a HOT selling market. Properties that are move in ready with updates are going quickly. If you are thinking about selling, give me a call. It is a great time to sell.

Kathy Hines/Broker
Keller Williams Dallas Preston
972-632-6530
It completely depends on your house. Plantation resort is a nice community. It typically sells well, unless there are condition issues. One comment I do hear from prospective buyers is that they aren't always keen on the front-entry garages. But, that's typical in a golf course community. If your home has the master bedroom upstairs, it might not sell as quickly. There is a real bias in our far North Dallas suburbs against master upstairs. It doesn't mean the house won't sell, but that type of home typically takes a little longer time on the market. Our Fall/Winter weather is fantastic here in Frisco, and our housing market has so much corporate base that year-round moves really are the norm (thankfully for us agents and you homeowners). But, avoid listing in August. None of us - agents or buyers - wants to be out in 110 degree heat. As soon as the weather breaks in September, enter the market. But, use this time to go around your home and make sure that you are 100% market-ready.
Have a blessed day!

Ronda
Amungur,

The answer to this question is always a little subjective. But in a nutshell, Judi really has the only answer that everyone can agree on and that is that we sell houses yearround. So I guess you could say that the market is good. Right now, price is the determining factor more than anything else. So I am going to share with you some numbers that you can consider that might help you decide on your next step.

If there is a mortgage on the home, the monthly out of pocket expense to live in the home is about 1.5% of the market value. This will include the mortgage payment, taxes, insurance, maintenance, utilities, etc. This is money that will not be recovered when the property sells. So for a $200,000 house, the monthly out of pocket expense is about $3,000. For every month that a house is on the market, this is lost equity. Also, we are in a slightly declining market...about 4% annually. This means that the market value of the house will decrease 4% over the next 12 months. So again, a $200,000 house will lose about $8,000 in market value or $665 per month. This totals $3,665 per month in lost equity.

My point is this...if you decide to sell, you need to take a hard look at 2 things:
1. A competitive List Price that is "leading the market". In other words, a price that is better than everything else on the market.
2. A real estate Broker than can show you how they can get your home sold quickly...so that you can minimize equity loss.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Thank you for using Trulia Voices. Please feel free to let me know if you would like for one of my professional agents to contact you.

Alan Wynn - Branch Manager
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Dallas, Texas 75248
214.729.5582 (cell / text)
972.931.2400 (office)
alan.wynn@cbdfw.com
Web Reference: http://cbdfw.com/alanwynn
There has been a lot of good general information here, but what you need are SPECIFICS that are targeted directly to YOUR neighborhood and YOUR home.

Give me a call. I would be happy to meet with you any time this weekend or this next week to give you a detailed, in depth market analysis of your neighborhood and give you an idea of what your home could potentially sell for.

Give me a shout anytime to let me know what time and day works best for you. I look forward to meeting you.

It's more than real estate. It's RAYL-Estate!

Brian Rayl
Keller Williams Elite
972-949-4222
Brian@Rayl-Estate.com
http://BrianRayl.com
Homes sell all year round....
You are right that Frisco is a very school driven market, but that's not to say all people in Frisco have children or that they don't move in other parts of the year.
If you need to sell now, now is the best time to sell. Waiting another 7 months will probably just cost you money, and not significantly change your sales price all things being equal. Interest, taxes, insurance would probably eat up any price difference you might obtain.
If you want to keep track of prices in your neighborhood, check out the link below.
Web Reference: http://www.DFWSnapshot.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Amungur,

The market in Plantation Resort is fairly robust. True, it will slow a little in a few months, but probably not that much.

In the last six months 55 homes have sold in Plantation Resort for an average price per foot of $86.87. There are currently only 18 homes listed in Plantation Resort at an average asking price of $87.82. That's not much supply given how many homes have sold recently. Those 55 homes sold in an average of 84 days... most sold faster than that and a few took much longer.

If you are considering selling, I hope you will request a FREE copy of Kupke &* Tackett's Home Seller Handbook (see link below).

All my best,
Joe
I would need additional information make a professional opinion.

Many times homes go off the market from Sept - end March or 1st of April.

Have you consider lease home if you need to relocate, rental markets are always strong for Dallas

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
First off the location is very good and plantation does well. The city of Frisco is very hot, so the time frame is not that big of a deal. Yes the market is better before school starts but with a lack of inventory during the fall and winter months you still have a good shot to sell it.

I jut sold and closed a home with only 8 days on the market in the Trails and before that in Heather Ridge 28 days. I would be happy to meet with you guys to give you an idea for value and time frame on the market at no obligation. Let me know if you are interested. Thank you!
Web Reference: http://www.realtordamon.com
The market is competitive, but there are many things sellers must know before placing their home on the market and I have those tips for you.
Mbrownstead@msn.com
214-872-0400
Hi Amungur,
If your house is priced right and depending on the condition of your home it is still a good time to sell. Interest rates are great and there are still buyers out there. You are in a good location for anyone that is commuting.
My office is just up on Preston & Rolater if you would like to come in and meet with me to discuss your options. If you would like to arrange an appointment for a market analysis, drop me a line or give me call, I would be happy to assist you.
Web Reference: http://www.LindaLorenzo.com
Hello Amungur,

Gennerally the market is down. However, real estate is hyper local so what the market is doing in your price range and in your neighborhood can be different than other areas. Location and condition also are major factors in the value of your property. The age of homes in Plantation Resort by Lebanon varies greatly which can affect the current condion or features that were included when your house was built or that you have added. If you back up to Lebanon, the value and saleability of your property could be reduced since most buyers don't want to back up to a major street.

If you would like a free market analysis for your property and a list of things that you need to do to prepare you house for the market, please contace me.
The market is relatively healthy as long as a home is priced properly and prepared properly (staging). We sell houses year round, so although the market is busier in the summer, we can still houses year round.

Judi Wright
Keller Williams
"Best Realtor in Dallas," D Magazine (2006,2008,2009,2010 & 2011)
Cell 214-597-2985
http://www.judiwright.com
judi@judiwright.com