Aziz A Magoma, Both Buyer and Seller in Matthews, NC

How is the current rental and/or retail buying market in this area of Raleigh. Is there gentrification and at what pace?

Asked by Aziz A Magoma, Matthews, NC Wed May 23, 2012

I am considering buying a property off of South East St. and I don't want to buy in a war zone.

Answers

2
As a 28 year resident, I assure you that none of our communities can be described as having a 'war zone.'. I invite you to drive up and spend a night or two walking through the area you're interested in.

I'm finding a low supply of Section 8 housing for our worthy citizens (including veterans). This seems to be for one of two reasons: 1) Homeowners do not have the funds to meet housing inspectors code guidelines and, 2) a bad rap based on a few who failed to demonstrate their best behavior.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2012
No disrespect intended, Venita. Using "war zone" to describe an area is usually a generic term and my use was harmless. I appreciate the response, and would you recommend this area to an investor, ie; For Sec 8 housing as you indicated?
Flag Wed May 23, 2012
If you are an investor either seasoned or beginner/green horn, I would definitely recommend that you would connect and work with a realtor. She will guide you and would address your real estate investment concerns. And will help in finding solutions to your real estate investment issues. Why not? Buyers' realtor services are paid by the sellers, or banks/lenders or builders. Take advantage of their skills and market knowledge and expertise. My husband and I were residential real estate investors for 7 years before we became realtors. And we had employed/engaged the services of our realtor in all the houses we bought. I am sure you can find one you would be happy to work with. Buying Real estate comprises one of the huge purchases you make in a lifetime, wouldn't it make sense to trust it to a professional? Most people do! Moreover, real estate purchase entails legal, tax and financial implications/ramifications, you would want someone knowledgeable to be on your side. Good luck!

Nila