Anne, Home Buyer in Kansas City, MO

How is the Galveston Condo market? Is it cooling down?

Asked by Anne, Kansas City, MO Tue Dec 11, 2007

I am interested in buying a condo in Galveston as I have lived there before. Being close to retirement age, I am considering something with gulf views. I know the market was real hot for awhile. Has it come back to earth? Are prices expected to rise or fall in 2008?

Answers

4
The market has been more realistic for the past few years by comparison to the years you are referring too when everything was high. Waterfront condos are still a favorite for full or second home buyers and they are modrately priced compared to other coastal properties. Some are still in stages of renovation since Ike if they were first floor units but there are many deals. You will love Galveston for retirement; I did for a few years and then I became a Realtor to show this great city off. Give me a call and i will find you the perfect condo! Vist our condo website below.
Hi Anne,
I'm a Realtor in Colorado Springs, however, I've been doing some research on the area for friend who bought a condo as an investment a few years ago. A lot of people may be able to hold on until the market picks up again, but there are also a lot of people like my friend who are going to HAVE to sell instead of lose money every month. I believe there are some excellent deals available if you talk to the right seller and his agent understands things such as short sales. I do not see ANY inforamtion either here or on realtor.com about distressed sellers. That is a bit odd to me. I specialize in short sales and foreclosure prevention in Colorado and I haven't been able to locate an agent yet that has a similar specialty. Such an agent would know where to do to get you an amazing deal on a property. From what I'm seeing, I'm certain they are there!

So make sure you get an agent that is looking out for what is in your best interests. I think this is a great time to buy and that you can really get a good deal if you are careful!

Take care out there and good luck. And if you should want to ask me any questions or get my opinion, I would be happy to pass on my research to you.

Aneissa
I think this is a GREAT time to buy in Galveston! To answer your question, YES! For the most part, prices are back to earth. Though it is a buyers market, homes (condos included) priced well are still moving. Thankfully, it seems the Galveston market is set for a slow, steady increase for a good while. There have been many really good, positive reports about the Galveston Real Estate market. See the link below and feel free to contact me if you wish to obtain additional information. Congrats on your upcoming retirement!!
The lower price units have slowed some and there are some bargains to be had now during the slow season. I anticipate things will heat up this spring/summer, as a few articles will be published featuring the area. With that said its still a bargain compared to other coastal areas