Market Conditions in 10018>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

How important do you think it is for Real Estate Professionals to understand the ins and outs of credit repair in today's market?

Asked by Voices Member, Mon Feb 21, 2011

Answers

5
It's very important for a Real Estate Professional to be knowledgeable with credit repair in order to provide information and to guide our clients and customers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 3, 2011
I think it's very important for a Real Estate Professional to know exactly who to turn to if your client needs this information. Part of being "full service" to the client.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 21, 2011
As a Licensed broker associate, I have interest to know as much as I can about my local market, what inventory is available and how I can best help my clients and customers. This is what I signed up for. I also think anyone with passion for this field of work tend to broaden their knowledge base over time in an effort to not only be helpful but to be savvy and competitive. To that end I have my resources and go to people if someone I am working with needs guidance and specific expertise that I don't know and would not want to represent myself as knowing. I work with a full service brokerage and we have our mortgage people who I refer often.

In my opinion, I don't believe we need to understand the ins and outs of credit repair as we market and sell properties, not give credit advise. That is what my resources are for.

We all make choices when it comes down to who we want to work with, We can all excercise our power to walk away when the customer isn't quite right and we make those choices daily. While I'm glad to refer, I also don't want to spend much time (if at all) with a customer who's credit is shot.
Hi, I think it's important for an agent to know the basics and be able to guide the client to resources for them to repair their credit. We are not in the credit repair business but I like to have some knowledge of all facets if possible.

Chris
Real Estate professionals are knowledgeable about real estate properties and their relationship to values compared to its competition. It is not important nor is it necessary for a real estate professional to understand the credit issues in any market. That is a mortgage lender question. Leave that aspect of a buyer's credit history to the lender.

This is my professional opinion.