Diane Harris, Real Estate Pro in Glen Burnie, MD

How have townhouse sales been on Longboat key this past year. Do properties usuallly hold their value there?

Asked by Diane Harris, Glen Burnie, MD Thu Feb 28, 2008

Answers

5
Hi Diane,

Valid question still -- it varies from property to property.

Finishes matter. Amenities.

We have seen more sales at some lower price per square foot. Less inventory and fewer buyers. With the loss of some of the tax breaks this year in buyers overall picture -- I believe we are seeing some folks restructure their finances.

Additional consultation with your CPA will help balance our opportunity with what's right for you. Profit taking in the markets may very well set you up for a premium property at a real advantageous price.

Sandra LaFlamme, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
Hello Diane,
Like many markets, Longboat Key has seen a loss of value. Compared with other areas, however, we have done well. Inventory is now at 8 months supply of listed properties. Six months inventory is the threshold between a buyers and sellers market. That is a key indicator of market action. I would be happy to send you the latest Trend Graphics information that will give you the most accurate data.

I see that you are a fellow real estate professional. I happily pay referrals if you send me customers interested in this market. I serve all the Sarasota islands, downtown and the bayfront. You can be assured they will be well served with my experience and five years receiving the Five-Star Customer Service Award.

Louise
Louise Hamel, Realtor, GRI
Michael Saunders & Co.
941-780-7474
Diane: There are not a lot of townhouses on Longboat Key, the more common style of housing is condominium. If you are looking for a property which allows you the freedom to lock the door and walk away worry free, then there are many great options on Longboat Key. And, unlike much of Sarasota county, Longboat Key has a been history of holding values and a quicker recovery. There are currently tremendous values and actually, the inventory is shrinking. If you are going to be searching Longboat Key, you may want to consider condominiums as well as townhouses. The zip code for this community is 34228.

Good Luck in your search, If I may be of assistance, please contact me:

Diana Kryszak
941.388.4447
dianakryszak.michaelsaunders.com

my office is on the circle, 330 John Ringling Blvd
Longboat in the long run in my opinion will hold there values better than say other parts of Florida for it is an island surrounded by water and a little piece of heaven here. People from all over the world come to Longboat for the private and serene beaches, the calmness of our area. It's a great time to buy and hold for awhile but if you are looking for a quick flip not happening anywhere right now especially on Longboat where so many people paid cash for there homes and are not worried about dumping there property. In the long run waterfront no matter where you are will always keep and hold there values better
David LEventhal
Coldwell Banker
http://www.Longboatkeyproperty.com
Diane,
Long Boat Key is a fabulous place! We purchased a place there in 2001 for 400K and it doubled in value. We have lost a little market value over the past 12 months, but we will always be ahead of the curve there. I personally think Long Boat Keys will always hold there value.
Please visit our web site to learn more about our business. We have a very good colleague in Long Boat that we trust.
If you are ever looking for property else where, please contact us.
Marian Schaffer
The Schaffer Realty Group