William Casp…, Other/Just Looking in 53130

How has the market been in the Milwaukee Area, Both in residential and commercial ?

Asked by William Casper, 53130 Tue May 15, 2007

Answers

4
The market for both residential and commercial has been strong. Interest rates are still low and property here had only seen modest gains over the last few years so prices are not in a sharp decline. There is however a growing inventory giving buyers plenty choices and leading to increased marketing time for sellers.

brian@roslawski.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 16, 2007
Each residential market is a little different. You need to look at what the demand is and the current supply of homes. Each month I write a short blog on Trulia on the markets in milwaukee I cover to give buyers and sellers the information they need to understand with what is happening in the market. I provide the number of listings, number of sales, time on the market, list to sale ratios and comparison to last years results.

The issue with commercial is two fold. The financing is very difficult unless there is positive cash flow and the cap rates are increasing due to issues with rents and the ability to increase rents for commercial space. The economy has effected a lot of businesses and a number of businesses had closed, which has increased the space available. Larger landlords are trying to get other tenants to more to their space at discounts. All this effects the short term value of the commercial properties.

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Metro Milwaukee
http://www.milwaukeebailout.com
Market is great. I have had 5 closings in less than two weeks. And there are still many buyers out there looking for a reasonably priced home. I grew up in Hales Corners and my office is currently in Hales Corners. If there is anything I can answer more specifically for you, please feel free to contact me.

On the commercial end of things I am finding that it is next to impossible to get financing for commercial property right now unless you have a very large down payment. I am seeing more options to buy right now.

Hales Corners is a very highly sought after area for several reasons. The Whitnall School District has a very good reputation. Regardless of where you are located in Hales Corners, you are literally only 2-5 minutes from the interstate in any direction. It still has a small-town feel with much to offer.
Web Reference: http://www.lindacefalu.com
I noticed you are looking in the Hales Corners area. Homes in Hales Corners typically sell fast because the inventory is low , a lot of homes have spacious lot sizes, it's still in Milwaukee county and living in Hales Corners makes for a quick drive to just about anywhere because a freeway entrance is always easy to get to and never far away. Any other questions, I would be glad to answer.