Market Conditions in 89166>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

How feasible is renting out a new, 1-story SF house in Providence? Any good management company to handle it?

Asked by Voices Member, Wed Sep 26, 2007

I'm out of state

Answers

3
George,
That truly depends on a couple of factors. The greatest being do you have a mortgage on the home? If you don't thats an easy answer. If you do have a mortgage what are your monthly payments in contrast with what you can expect for a monthly rent. Your rent will depend upon the size of your home and the amenities that come along with it. There are good management companies, however they typically all have one major negative in that they attempt to rent your home for the lowest possible amount to get it rented and not sit on their books. You'll need to have the expertise of the true value of your home before contacting a managment company. Please feel free to contact me with your details if you desire, I'll gladly help you with what I can.
Kim Mantle
Hello George,

My name is Ken Herrera and I'm an agent that actually lives in Providence. I do not believe you should have any problems leasing a home in the community. I would venture to say 95% of Providence will be 2+ story homes. Very few builders are building 1 story homes, Kimball Homes has one of the more popular and affordable floorplans. My recommendation would be to use Nicklin Property Management, they are a reputable property management company here in Las Vegas. The Key to leasing your home is the shortest amount of time is to hire the right company and offer good incentives to prospective agents and tenants alike. Just as increased commissions motivate agents on sales of homes, the same effect can be felt in the rental market. The average home lease will pay an agent from $200.00-$250.00. If you were to increase the agent incentive to $500.00+, the chances your home will lease faster will increase. For example, if your mortgage is $2000.00 a month and you spend $1000.00 leasing it in the first month, you would see significant savings instead of having it sit empty for 3-4 months. Obviously the upfront costs are higher, however you may save 6-7 thousand if you do it right in the beginning. If there is any way I may be of service, please do not hesitate to ask. Best of luck with your home.

Ken Herrera
Century 21 Infinity
Hi George:

You can contact local Realtors to get some information about renting out your property in Providence.

Other than that, I found a link to property management company

Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce Property Management Resources

http://lasvegasnvcoc.weblinkconnect.com/CWT/External/WCPages…

And another site

http://www.clarkcountyrentals.com/public/page.do?page.ID=11150

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA