Amarie87, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

How does the rental market work for agents in Miami? For example, for an agent at a free apartment locating service.

Asked by Amarie87, Chicago, IL Mon Mar 21, 2011

I'm an agent in Chicago for a free (to renters) apartment locating service and we get 50% of one months rent within 30 days after move in for managed rentals (management companies) and 25% of MLS or private rentals. How does this work in Miami, Fl?

Answers

2
Beth Jenkins’ answer
In Miami, the precedent has been set. All of the MLS listings have either one half month to each broker, so 50% of one month. OR, some offer 10% of the total yearly reantal amount. Either is acceptable, especially since we do many short term rentals here, the 10% of the term is often used.
I never see anything on the MLS less than this, as we are a heavy rental market and many of us must do many rentals to make our living and the owners are mostly absentee and need the service.

Beth Jenkins
South Florida Brokers
786-374-4778
Web Reference: http://www.arealtyteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 22, 2011
Rental communities have no set rate. It varies with the community.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 22, 2011