Market Conditions in 95831>Question Details

Linda Sue, Real Estate Pro in 95831

How do you get started doing BPOs?

Asked by Linda Sue, 95831 Mon May 9, 2011

Answers

7
There are temp agencies for that. Some specialize in real estate and mortgage personnel. Others are general office.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Thanks again but I would like piecemeal work where I can work can take off when I need/want to. Any other suggestions?
How about doing TC work? There seems to be a huge demand for that. Or, working with an REO agent who needs somebody to put on lockboxes and meet contractors?

Elizabeth Weintraub
Broker-Associate #00697006
Lyon Real Estate
Thanks to all of you that answered my question. It's food for thought. After 23 years as a realtor, of which the last 5 have been minimal, I'm looking to get back in actively but to the extent that I need to have more control over my time than is afforded when I am actively selling property. I thought BPOs might do the trick. I'll still do more investigating but do you have any other suggestions for RE work that can be picked up on my schedule?

And thanks again for the responses.
The companies that assign BPO's make most of their money collecting membership fees from agents such as yourself who are trying to get a little extra income. You will be lucky if you get enough work from them to pay you back for your membership fees, pay for your gas and minimum wage ($8.00 per hour). On the other hand, there are BPO factories that have software to capture BPO postings (that immediately claims the intown BPO that was emailed to you a minute earlier. ) If you can become a BPO factory you can do a little better on large volume.
Linda what firm do you work for? Do you ahve an office manager or onsite broker? If you do not then keep reading otherwise check in with them as to what they suggest you do.
THe good news is you just need to SIGN UP on most sites and keep a close eye for the email invites to new properties needing value. Seearch for Property Valuation COmpanies and sign up for ALL of them you can find. Try and keep a similar user name and password if you end up signign up for multiple sities so you can easily sign in when you get notice of new properties needing BPO valuation. I can tell you that EQUATOR is overloaded with agents in our area and that site in my personal opinion is not worth paying for higher exposure. Again your broker and or manager may have a different outlook so check with them... otherwise let us know if you need more help...
Sign up with banks and companies that hire BPOs. I get solicitations in my email all the time. You can also sign up on Equator. But the question is why would you want to? LOL. It's not like the banks give you the listings, and your pay is minimum.

Elizabeth Weintraub
Broker-Associate #00697006
Lyon Real Estate