Herbert John…, Home Seller in 80439

How do you add the lot value to homes in Soda Creek. Do not compare them with other areas.?

Asked by Herbert Johnson, 80439 Sat Nov 16, 2013

Answers

2
This is a really good question. When doing an evaluation of a property it is important to compare apples to apples. The challenge in Soda Creek though is that there are not a lot of sales in a shorter period of time in order to compare a subject property to others. Brokers and appraisers need to take in consideration many more criteria here in the mountains than in the city: apart from the quality of the home there is the location within the neighborhood, topography, south facing or not, view, driveway etc. When it comes to the size of the lot, ideally you compare properties with the same size lots; if that is not possible you need to find land of similar size that has sold. Be aware though that the increments in value decline with the size of the lot. In other words you cannot just extrapolate the value for 20acre lot from a 2 acre lot. The bottom line is that every case in the mountains is different and needs to assessed individually.
Ask me more: caroline.wagner@sothebysrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 17, 2013
There are lots of things to compare when doing a market analysis. Soda Creek has easy access to I70 and large lots. Many are horse property.

If you give me the specific address you are looking at I would be happy to do a professional market analysis for you.

I have lived and worked in Evergreen for 17 years. It is a beautiful area.

Marilyn Haas
mhaas@ezcolorado.com
http://www.ezcolorado.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013