William F. M…, Real Estate Pro in Great Neck, NY

How do buyers and sellers of real estate feel the market will be affected by the change of administration?

Asked by William F. Mathewson, Great Neck, NY Mon Nov 24, 2008

How do you think the Obama administration will handle the housing crisis? What steps would you like to see taken in the first 100 days of the new administration to bolster the housing market?

Answers

1
The market is in slow mode at the moment - and anybody who reads these questions will have an opinion as to why -But I think that one of the problems faced at the moment is that banks are delaying loans or not lending at all.
So anyone who wants to buy is having a very hard time getting mortgage approval at the moment. I think the new administration will push the banks to start lending for mortgages and business . They should make it a condition of government money or loan guaranties . Also Streamlining any official or semiofficial lending programs will help also