tracy, Home Owner in Highlands Ranch, CO

How do I remove pictures of my home from Trulia? Our house was on the market, but removed it, and I need the pictures removed.

Asked by tracy, Highlands Ranch, CO Tue Aug 20, 2013

Answers

4
Sally Grenier’s answer
Good points and suggestions below, but here is what you need to do. "Claim" the listing as the owner, then delete the images. I firmly believe if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 21, 2013
Every homeowner on every street in every city and state across this USA needs to read this.
Aggregate real estate websites can obtain images of any home and place them on their website ofen decieiving the public into thinking the home is for sale. Other overt enterprises use the same resources to advertise homes for sale or rent and the owner has NO KNOWLEDGE.
-
EVERY HOMEONWER should have the images of their home removed.
Start with going to Goolge Maps, searching your address and having the image blurred.
Here is the step by step as published by GOOGLE and pasted here for your convienence.
Remember, the objectionable content it the image of your house.
-
Google Maps – blurring image
Request further blurring of a specific image
We provide easily accessible tools allowing users to request further blurring of any image that features the user, their family, their car or their home. In addition to the automatic blurring of faces and license plates, we will blur the entire car, house, or person when a user makes this request for additional blurring. Users can also request the removal of images that feature inappropriate content (for example: nudity or violence).
-
How to report a concern
If you've found an image that you would like further blurred, or an image that you believe contains objectionable content, just follow these steps
1. Locate the image in Street View.
2. Click "Report a problem" in the bottom-right of the image window.
3. Complete the form and click "Submit".
End of Google TEXT
-
For more detailed instruction go to the Zagg.com link.
LINK
|http://www.zagg.com/community/blog/anyone-can-do-it-how-to-r…
-
You and all homeonwers should be aware, when you choose to advertise your home for sale on the INTERNET (This is different than MLS and affiliates) you home CAN NEVER be fully removed. There are thousands of websites...Trulia is just one.
Hi Tracy,

I would talk to who ever was your listing broker. They should be able to remove them for you.

Margie Teufel
Keller Williams Executives - Highlands Ranch
mteufel@kw.com
http://www.highpinesrealty.com
Hi Tracy,

When your home went on the market your Listing Broker should have facilitated it being populated on Trulia. When the home sell or is withdrawn, it is that agent's responsibility to remove the listing from the site. Give him a call.

Robert McGuire
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
http://about.me/robertmcguire33