Alliek, Home Owner in San Francisco, CA

How do I find sale prices in a specific zip code from Oct 2009 - March 2010?

Asked by Alliek, San Francisco, CA Sun Apr 29, 2012

I am trying to appeal my property taxes & must show comparison sales from zip code 94127 from Oct 1, 2009 - Mar 31, 2010. Any suggestions on where I can go to find this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

13
Flavio Tejada, MBA,Realtor/Own’s answer
Hi Alliek,
any Realtor with MLS capabilities would be able to perform this search. For those interested, here is more info on how to appeal property tax or tax assessment
http://www.sfassessor.org/

Buyer 50%-60% Cash Rebate / Seller 50% Commission Discount
Quality Full Service! Work directly with the Broker.
Flavio Tejada, Owner/Broker, Realtor, MBA-Finance
(415)305-2958
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Hello Alliek,

Realtors can help you best. Some might have their websites with IDX feedback - so you can also search yourself, if you are an active type...Zillow.com is also nice to get some idea (it's far from perfect on their values) - but the trends are shown pretty well.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@google.com
I agree with Sasha a realtor is your best place to start along with MLS we have title company's mortgage companies and other data just two clicks away that the general public is not privy to...
Best to contact a reputable Realtor who knows our area. They will be happy to share the sold comps for that time period. You can do it yourself as it is public information at the county, but it's probably easier to just contact a good Realtor. They should be happy to help if they can build a reputation with you. It is one of the many things professional Realtors do at no charge.
Hi, Alliek,

All realtors can find that information on MLS. If you're interested, I can help you gather the information you need.

Thanks!
A broker/agent can easily get this info for you, but I don't know of any website that you can do yourself. Presumably the agent who helped you buy could do it.
Hi Alliek
I have done this search for many of my clients and would be happy to help you as well
we have access to the tax records as well as the MLS data
Steve
415-250-3779
Any real estate professional can help you. Doing this on your own is almost impossible. Also, in order to locate the right comparables for your home, several specific items are required. Either call the realtor who sold you the property or any one of the professionals who answered your question here.

415-200-7202
Contact your Realtor and if you do not have a Realtor call me. (415) 308-5902. I will be glad to help you as I have helped 7 others with the same problem.
Bob Evans
s.f. Magazine Top 10 Realtor.
Ask a realtor. That is the easiest way since we can go into the MLS and pull up sale prices for your specific parameters. It takes 5-10 minutes tops. We can also pull tax records and you can tell what was paid by the amount of the property taxes.

Hope this helps!

Sally
Here is more info on tax appeals:

http://www.oggikashi.com/newsmonth/Taxes.html

For specific data, email me the property parameters (bedrooms, baths, sqft,...) so I can send you useful comps. If you wish, include your property address and I'll provide radius comps that hold more weight.

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com
You're welcome. I just sent you my report. Best of luck.
Flag Sun Apr 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your assistance, I have just emailed you the information. I appreciate any and all help!!
Flag Sun Apr 29, 2012
Alliek,

Perhaps I can help you with that. I'm assuming the property is in San Francisco County. The County Tax Assessors office looks at comparable properties the same that real estate agents do. It's not so much a question of zip codes as it is comparables sales (actual sales of specific properties which have closed escrow during the period in question.

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Seth
You will not have an easy time finding sold properties online easily if at all. You could go to your county courthouse and search records for days and days, but a better approach would be to seek the help of a local Realtor that has access to the sold comps in the MLS system. What you would be asking their help for will require some time and work and they will not be getting a chance to list or sell a house, which is how we make our living, so offer them some money to help you save a lot of time searching yourself.