Market Conditions in 46368>Question Details

Phil, Home Buyer in Portage, IN

How can I find the actual selling price ver the listing price of homes in Portage IN 46368?

Asked by Phil, Portage, IN Wed Sep 12, 2007

Answers

5
Christine McDaniel’s answer
Hi Phil,

As a home buyer you do want to work with a Realtor. You do not want to be calling off signs. That agent already has a relationship with the seller. Dual agency representation is allowed in Indiana but alot of states have done away with it. The Realtor you work with as a buyer would represent only you. They are paid by the seller. So it is free for you to work with a Realtor as a buyer and have your own representation.
The selling price of a home is important. A Realtor will also do a history search and see when the homes you are interested in sold last and for what price. Also a search of comparable properties in the area should be done.
If you are wanting to get in on the $8,000 tax credit you do need to get an offer in within a week or two. It is taking 45 days to close on homes. There has been a pick up in first time home buyers scrambling at the last minute. The lenders will be backed up.
If you are not working with a Realtor give me a call. I'd love to help you with your home search :)
Christine McDaniel
McColly Real Estate - Valparaiso
http://www.christinemcdaniel.com
christinemcdaniel@yahoo.com
219-730-3502
Phil,
Being a Porter County (Portage) based agent, that information would be easy to find out if the home was sold through a real estate company. It would be my pleasure to get that information to you.
You may contact me at any time via email, groberts@pruexec.com or phone 219.763.8882

Thank you
Gayle
Depending on when the sale takes place, you can find the sales info on the Porter County property tax site http://in64.plexisgroup.com/ecama/
Hi Phil:

This information can be sought from the MLS records, if the home was sold through the MLS. If it was, a local Realtor will be able to pull this data for you, as the MLS archives sold listings for a long time.

If it was not sold through the MLS, there may be no 'written' record anywhere of what the original list price was, and getting list vs. sale price may therefore be difficult to obtain.
Patti Pereyra, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL
Phil -

The easiest method of finding this information is to contact your Realtor and ask them to provide you with sold data for the addresses in question. You should also be able to check your county website to ascertain the sales price. In some states/ counties you may not be able to procure as much information as in others.

I would highly advise finding a buyer's agent to assist in your purchase. Some might argue that the benefit of using a buyer's agent increases as the market slows down. As a current Realtor and a former home buyer, a good buyer's agent is worth their weight in gold.

Good luck -
Jason