Market Conditions in 99577>Question Details

erakjeff, Home Owner in Eagle River, AK

How can I find recent sales in my area.?

Asked by erakjeff, Eagle River, AK Fri Feb 1, 2013

My house seems way overvalued compared to other homes on the market according to the tax assessment.

Answers

4
Joseph is correct... The first step is to call a local realtor! They will make the whole process much easier and help you with all the information you require!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 23, 2013
Respectfully, you need to work with an experienced Realtor. Depending on the location and neighborhood of the home, the Realtor will give you several similar comparables on what has sold in the last six months for the neighborhood. In most cases you will then be able to make a reasonable decision on the high and low value of your home. Realtors use location and a hundred other variables to come up with an educated up-to-date value. More often then not, information and comparables used in tax records are outdated and therefore very unreliable.
Marty is correct, due to the fact that Alaska is a non disclosure state it is best to contact a Realtor and have them pull sold data through the MLS.
You will need to find a real estate licensee friend to help you. Alaska is a non-disclosure state so the sales price is not public knowledge.

The licensee can find anything that sold through a Realtor on the MLS. But they cannot find anything that did not go through a Realtor.

The municipality is in the same boat you are . They are also working off incomplete information.