Victoriaonde…, Both Buyer and Seller in Fresno, CA

How can I find out the value of this property that was left to me by my parents?

Asked by Victoriaonderko, Fresno, CA Fri Apr 20, 2012

Answers

5
Hi Victoria,

you will want an experienced LOCAL professional to prepare a free market analysis for you. If you aren't familiar with the area you might want to check in with at least three agents to make sure the prices line up. And make sure they give you good solid back up data to prove the value they are proposing. If one is badly out of line with the others ask why.
Victoria,

You can have a local agent perform a CMA (comparative market analysis) for you to show you what similar properties in the area are selling for. Are you wanting to know because you want to sell or for division of assets?

Felix
Hello Victoria,
Yes, have a local real estate agent go over a comparative market analysis (CMA) showing the recent sales activity of similar homes in that neighborhood to determine it's current value. There is no cost for this service but hiring an appraiser will charge you for it.

I also suggest that you check the tax assessor's office to see what value the town places on the property and to find out if there are any liens on the home.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
You can hire an Appraiser in the area who will be happy to give you an idea of what the property is worth. Realtors are also available to do a market analysis and give you a price opinion of what it would sell in that market. Good luck!
Thank you very much!
Flag Fri Apr 20, 2012
If you are considering selling, contact several real estate agents in your area and request a Competitive Market Analysis or CMA. There is no cost for the service as they are hoping you will list with them.

If you're looking for the value of the property for other reasons, you can hire an appraiser.
Thank you
Flag Fri Apr 20, 2012