Market Conditions in 60175>Question Details

jeltaworld, Other/Just Looking in Saint Charles, IL

How can I estimate my current and near future value?

Asked by jeltaworld, Saint Charles, IL Tue Jul 30, 2013

If I purchased my home in 60175 at the end of 2011, what % has it increased or decreased in 2012 and 2013 so I can determine what is worth, informally, without an appraisal. What do you predict it will do in 2104? Thank you.

Answers

9
The best way to determine your homes value would be to look at what similar homes in your area have sold for in the past 6 months. Look at homes with similar square footages, # beds, # baths and amenities to determine values. This is also something to keep an eye on to determine future values. Each area has had different increases and decreases it wouldn't be fair to give a general percentage of price change. Often times a subdivision across the street can very different market reaction. If I can be of any assistance please let me know! Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 31, 2013
The best way to calculate the future value of your home will be by contacting your local realtor or checking the value of home that have been sold in 4-6 years. However there are various online software that can give an average value of your home. I have found one and sharing it for you http://www.realtor.com/home-finance/financial-calculators/home-value-calculator.aspx
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014
This is silly!
This is like asking your mechanic to tell you what's wrong with your car; but you aren't going to let him fix it.
Only worse:
You want a Realtor to invest a couple hours in you, determine the Market Value of the house; for what purpose? You aren't going to sell.
You are obsessive/compulsive about the Value of your house?
Do you ask everyone to work for free? for no reason?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 30, 2013
It may have gone down 3% in 2012 and then up 4% so far in 2013. In 2104 it is hard to guess, but if you meant 2014, then I think it will go up 2%.
Don't hold me to any of my educated guesses as there are many unknowns and my crystal ball has too much static in it.
As Annette mentioned below, your community does determine your current and near future value. I recommend having a Realtor perform a value analysis of your home. I work in 60175 and it would be my pleasure to conduct a CMA for you! The CMA will show you how your market determines the current value of your home. A great way to determine the future value of your home is to be set up on a search to see how the market is changing in your community. I would set up a search with the same parameters as your CMA and this will allow you to see homes the minute they become available on the market, go under contract, and eventually close. Please let me know if this is something you are interested in. It would be my pleasure to set up a search for you!
Jel,
TAke a look at my Market In A Minute reports on my Trulia blog.
http://www.Trulia.com/blog/annettelawrence
-
You will find that your community will determine your values...not the zipcode.
-
Contact a Saint Charles real estate professinal and have them prepare for you a similar report.
There is a mountain of data behind those reports that you will find essential.
-
Looks like ERIC has raised his hand...and look, there is his phone number.
Give him a call.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us.
As Josh has suggested it would be best to request a CMA. There is no charge and it can be an overview of the neighborhood /area or as comprehensive as you like. While you can look for an average increase in real estate value, real estate can be a little like the weather; a micro-climate here and a micro-climate there. There are pockets that a really hot and others that aren't as hot. We Realtors can also provide comps on a continuing basis for your specific area. You can watch the market from the comfort of your home as new listings or recently sold properties are sent to you. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
I'd be more than happy to help you with your current value. Determining future value is a little trickier but I can show you the history of your neighborhood and see if that shows any signs of increase of value.

I would need as many details as you can provide so I can more accurately determine your homes value.

Please email me at EricHallRealEstate@gmail.com.

Thank you.
Hi jeltaworld,
I believe that your best option to determine your home's value without paying for an appraiser is to have an experienced local real estate agent discuss a comparative market analysis report with you. The agent will show you what homes similar to yours have recently sold for in and around your neighborhood. He also will be able to tell you how the market has performed since 2011/2012 so that you can determine how much value your property has increased/decreased today. The service is free.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Just ask your Realtor to send you an CMA.