Market Conditions in 02090>Question Details

Laurel, Other/Just Looking in Westwood, NJ

How are Westwood property values holding up? A quick check of recent transactions suggest a decline.

Asked by Laurel, Westwood, NJ Fri May 2, 2008

Answers

5
If you look at a trend report the average price of homes in May 2008 vs 2007 is slightly higher, going to $499K vs $485K. The average sold home price for said period was $637K vs $510. I would say based on this data Westwood is holding up!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 21, 2008
The Market in Westwood is very strong! I recently listed a home in the $870,000 price range and had three written offers after the first Open House. Westwood is a desirable location for Boston commuters and the school system is ranked in the Top 10 each year in Boston Magazine.
You should look at the largest data sample possible... looking month by month will show wild swings and fluctuations... I try to look at nothing less than quarterly to eliminate the " noise "
I think that this poster was referring to Westwood, NJ as opposed to Westwood, MA.
Westwood is beyond strong! Houses are selling for close to the orig. asking price. Rated in the top 13 best towns to live in in the Commonwealth, Westwood is strong. There are great schools (Westwood High just rebuilt a few years ago), great commuter rail location etc. Rigth next to Dedham--Dedham is cheaper housing over all (except for Section1 which is ut of this world expensive and beautiful). Dedham also has a commuter rail stop and they are building like crazy on Rt 1. so you'll have a Legal Seafood, Crate and Barrel etc right there.