Market Conditions in 01742>Question Details

Xavier, Other/Just Looking in 01742

Historical market value of home in Concord, MA

Asked by Xavier, 01742 Wed Mar 7, 2012

I have 20 year price stats. Just let me know if you would like to see this.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
You may want to call and schedule a complete home value pricing strategy consultation. The 2 most critical factors in valuing a home are location and condition. Those two factors help to determine price/value of a home currently on the market. However, National, Regional and local economic trends and forecasts help to price home in order to "get ahead of the curve" so to speak. Some techniques such as an absorption rate analysis by town and price, pending sales to total available inventory ratio, the list of actives [the competition] and the expired listings [ the ceiling], and an intimate knowledge of the town, neighborhoods and homes that are currently on the market are critical factors in valuing a home. There is currently a 10.5 month supply of inventory on the market in Massachusetts. If the number of months worth of inventory on hand rises above six months, then the market is swinging into a buyer's market. If it falls below, it is becoming a seller's market. Home sales are up 4.3% on a national level, 3% regionally. With a 30 year fixed at 4.0, it's a good time to buy and should be a good time to sell as well.
There is much that may go into determining that so it is hard to give an answer. Contact an agent with your question and they should be able to provide you with some data.

Here is some info on pricing a home:
So many factors go into the market value: condition, location (is it on a busy road, for instance), any deferred maintenance, etc.
It would be best to see the home. I would be happy to offer a free Home Value Consultation. If you are not the home owner and are trying to establish the value with a purchase in miind, I would do a similar analysis by reviewing with you the recent comparable sold homes in the area.
Let me know if you would like my assistance!
Roxanne & Team
Keller Williams Realty, Concord
Strong. Location, location, location & condition