Market Conditions in 46312>Question Details

Michael Scur…, Home Buyer in Hammond Resident

Hi there, I am a Hammond Resident, and am considering purchasing a multi-family unit in East Chicago. I

Asked by Michael Scurry, Hammond Resident Wed Oct 24, 2007

I don't know a lot about East Chicago, and hope the area is appreciating (improving). Would you recommend me buying a Multi-family investment real estate in this town? Also, any information on the rental market (1 bd units) in East Chicago would be appreciated. The area in consideration is on the 3600 block of Grand Blvd.
Lastly, are there any property management companys that you might recommend for this area?

Answers

4
East Chicago has been on the upswing for sometime, I think you will be pleased in future apprecation of property values. This is a sleeper city people are taking note of and for good reason! What we have seen is some awsome changes and positive moves by those in charge. A real sense of community has returning and only growing! Good luck and I am sure you will find East Chicago very welcoming!
We have multiple rental apartments available in East Chicago and we can manage the property for you after you purchase it; we manage 200 units now. If you're interested, we can do the deal without a realtor and pass all the savings on to you. Call at 224-848-9983 thanks
You need to drive the neighbourhoods...then walk the neighbourhoods you are considering such as in and around 3600 Grand Blvd. Look for the bus lines...and check to see if the busline is going to be there after Nov 4, when the have to discontinue all those bus lines in and around Chicagoland. Look for restaurants, groceries, etc to get an idea of how convenient this will be for your potential renters.

After you do this, then start getting backup info from a Realtor and property management people.
Web Reference: http://www.iansellsnola.com
Sometimes there are areas, where Trulia might not a have local agent in your community to answer correctly. I always suggest calling some local realtors and asking them to help you out. You would be amazed how talkative, and informative they can be.

Good Luck