steph9773, Home Buyer in 32250

Hi, my family is interested in the Tidewater development. Are the homes overpriced? A beautiful development but so many available lots?

Asked by steph9773, 32250 Sat Oct 19, 2013

Answers

11
tamara11s’ answer
I am not a broker or seller, I live in the area. I am not in a subdivision or a mobile home. In 2001, we left the Hodges/JTB area and bought a few acres, had a home built and love the country life with our horses. Tidewater seems out of place. Most of the property out here consists of acreage/mobile homes or acreage/built homes, plus the middle income developments. In my opinion, homes like those in Tidewater (they are gorgeous) are found in more upscale areas. You'll have to travel to get any upscale shopping from here, but 295 makes that a breeze. I believe the number of lots available in Tidewater is due to the market crash. The area was being developed at an alarming rate until then. When it crashed, so did sales. And as a result, plans for improving roadways, shopping, etc. were scrubbed too.
By the way, we call the city's mosquito control to come spray for yellow flies in the spring. I don't think they can spray like that in Tidewater.
Amelia View is beautiful and much more settled than Tidewater. Probably due to the waterfront access and it's land mass. This area is not as desirable an area for high end homes as southside, nocatee, etc. so if you are planning to sell in the next 5-10 years, it may not be as easy as the areas mentioned above.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!
Tidewater is currently the only condo development in the Nocatee area. This is the 3rd fastest-growing community in the nation! New single-family home communities are being released here every month! I am a certified Nocatee agent. For more info, you may contact me at christine@propertyinjax.com
beautiful homes but you pay for amenitys like park ,etc.twice in price of home and in cdd fee"sbetween 1100.& 18oo. a year in addition to taxes, &annual fee's.so come buy my home on deep water on trout river 3-way dock .2-boat lifts also floating dock 2 lots 100+ foot X400+ft.garage ajoined home &seperate 2.5 garage.3/2.BASEment under neath whole house you can walk under up stairs master W/ balcony off of to watch the river ,lots of fruit trees &walnut trees great shrimping.lovely home.need to sell due to health.selling under apprasal. and 350,000.less than paid.if no realtor involved. will finance with 30% down.asking 250,000.904-768-5245. desperate DIANE
Might also be worth noting that Tidewater features a $1,290 annual CDD fee,a $600 annual HOA fee, requires flood insurance,and a great view of the JEA cooling towers. Amelia View has a $720 annual HOA fee, a private waterfront area and boat ramp with deep water access to Nassau Sound and the Atlantic Ocean, and 1/2 acre minimum home sites. I would say that if you are looking for a waterfront community that actually offers access to the waterfront then Amelia View is a better option.

There are three marsh front lots available in Amelia View. Click here http://goo.gl/h38bz6 to view the listing details of these lots.

You may also be interested in the resales currently available. Click here http://goo.gl/4oTr4A to view the listing details for these available homes.

If there is anything else I can help please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be happy to help.
steph9773

Unless you like being eaten alive by Yellow flies and a variety of other insects I would stay away from Amelia View. Tidewater offers you much more comfort.

Best Regards

Doug Casteel
Broker/ Owener Castle Realty

904-463-4264
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
I see many of the other agents answered your question adequately.

Another upscale Waterfront community in Northeast Jacksonville, you might find of interest, is Amelia View. It also offers many of the same amenities with exception of the Fitness center and gated entrance. Amelia View offers private Boat Launch, and a community RV/Boat Storage lot in addition to a Community pool, playgrounds, creek front dock, sports area and scenic lake and creek views. There are still 3 Marsh front -waterfront lots avail and several resale properties available.
The sellers have all said they are not OVERPRICED!
However, they are willing to negotiate.
Steph

If we are talking about the same gated community. The vacant lots your speaking of are bank owned. I have the contacts with the owner banks. They will sell you a lot or lots . Then you can bring in your own builder or work with ICI who has the only Model home there. Either way I can help you.
Please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards

Doug Casteel
Broker/ Owner Castle Realty

904-463-4264
I visited the development and now Mercedes homes builds there. I was told 5 foreclosed lots are now for them to build on. There is a lot that I like but was quoted 28000. If there are other available lots that I can possibly get, I am interested. I did not know I could potentially get a lot and bring in my own builder.
Flag Sun Oct 20, 2013
Hi Steph9973,

Located along the I-95 and I-295 beltway, Tidewater base pricing starts at 190,000 and goes up to 369,000. The range of the prices is based on where your home is placed. You have nature front, lake front and creek side home prices and is a gated community. The final price will depend on if you purchase a "spec" home, that is one the builder has already built, or one you choose and customize.

The available builder spec homes - ones that are currently ready - start at 214,000 and go up. There are a few re4-sell homes available, too.

There is also the Tidewater condo's in Nocatee, A1A S, West on Hwy. 210, East on Nocatee Pkwy.,

Since I am not sure of which you are asking, I included both. But a short answer to your question is, I don't believe that they are over priced for what you get. If I can answer any other questions, or if you'd like to visit the community, I'd love to help you..

Sharon Molnar 904-382-6792 sharon.molnar@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 19, 2013
I only found 6 homes for sale they are in the following link