zevgabai, Home Buyer in 97206

Hi, Next 5 years Do you see the home prices in the Hazelwood neighborhood increasing? What is your opinion on the neighborhood?

Asked by zevgabai, 97206 Sun Nov 25, 2012

I am a first time home buyer with a 10 month old and i'm looking to buy a home in the Hazelwood (SE 108th Ave) and was just wondering if you think it's a good time to buy in that neighborhood.
Thank you!

Answers

2
Dragos Tavirlau’s answer
Hello. I live in Hazelwood for more than 10 years. This neighborhood is spread in SE and NE so for someone who intends to move in this area it's very important to know that there's a difference in pricing between the two sides. The SE part where you look can also be "split" in several areas where the prices are also different and can change consistently from street to street. Over the last years the SE side has seen a major drop in prices, way more than the NE side of the neighborhood, but at this time sees a fast increase. Will this increase last? Most likely at this time and for the next months. To predict something for the next 5 years it's really difficult. There are so many things, influencing the real estate market, to take into consideration and they are not under our control. I can elaborate a lot but it doesn't make any sense because you need an idea on what happens in the area. If you'd like a "street by street" opinion I'd be glad to provide it. No strings attached. 503-984-3485 cell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012
Very hard to say. I value homes all over the county for banks. Its spotty to say the least. In general, I feel Oregon has not bottomed out and has around 15% more to drop but there are some surprising areas that have continued to increase. Hazelwood in near a hospital and close to the freeway. That can be good oir bad, depending on the proximity to each. Noise, view, etc. People with long term employment at the hospital will always be potential buyers. Some of hazelwood will be dropping, most will be NEUTRAL for 2 to 5 years and some will increase but not over 5%-8% or so for the next 3 years at least. That doesnt give you a lot of info---one must be very careful if counting appreciation in the analysis for a purchase. Contact me on specific streets for more ino. Marvin Von Renchler