Market Conditions in Concord>Question Details

Lizard415, Home Buyer in Concord, CA

Hi, I'm a new home buyer looking to invest and live in an up and coming community. Do you think Concord,?

Asked by Lizard415, Concord, CA Thu Jun 4, 2009

Calif. qualifies?

Answers

7
I like Concord I am thinking about moving there myself. I found this neighborhood in North Concord called East Sun Terrace. They a have an informative website all about the neighborhood eastsunterrace.org. The site was up to current, that’s always a surprise.

My wife and I took a drive around and it’s an established older neighborhood. The neighborhood has a very nice trail that goes to the North Concord Bart its completely walking distance. We talked to some neighbors, who seemed really nice, they all said the neighborhood was quite and safe and liked living there. Its also walking distance there is a very nice neighborhood shopping plaza, downtown concord is 15-20 minute walk via a trail, so is are a couple of parks and a hospital.

My daughter starts school next year and the Elementary school is Holbrook. I talked to the principal Mrs Dasho and she mentioned that East Sun Terrace is an amazing neighborhood that is a huge part of the school. I have never heard accolades come from the principal about a neighborhood. She doesn’t live there, I asked.

The only problem is that when I was looking up some properties in the neighborhood, it kept saying these places were in Holbrook Heights,…..but I think that was because the agents don’t know the area very well and many don’t do their homework.

Future neighbor
I think now is a great time to buy if your able to. Prices have come down a lot and interest rates remain low. Plus, since your a first time home buyer you may qualify for an $8000 tax credit. That credit is good until Dec. 1, 2009 and its still unclear if it will be extended or not. I would recommend, if you haven't already, finding a Real Estate agent that you like to help you find the best area for you. You can let them know what you want and don't want. From there they can lead you in the right direction. Have you been pre-approved for a home loan yet? Its always a good idea to get pre-approved before looking at homes. That way you know what you can afford and the price range you should be looking at. It will also save you a lot of time. If your interested, I'm a Mortgage Specialist and I offer free consultations and pre-approvals. If you have any other questions or concerns you can contact me anytime.

Angeli Yenko
Email: ayenko@ccmclending.com
As a Realtor in Central and East Contra Costa County, I visit each town on a daily basis. Concord is an older established community. What do you want in a community? How much are you pre-approved for? Do you want a newer home, or an older home? Are the schools API scores important to you? What is the most important thing about your future home location. If you answer these questions, I will tell you which communities will meet your needs.

Adrian
I live in Concord. My general answer is I see few communities in California that seem to be "up and coming;" nearly every community seems to be affected economically --- home prices, retail sales, jobs, ALL seem to be lagging just about everywhere.

If your question is should Concord be AVOIDED, I think the answer is no. I would avoid Solano Way neighborhoods -- not because of crime, but because of lack of stores/services and local airport noise which tends to depress prices. Neighborhoods closer to Walnut Creek tend to be more affluent; some Concord neighborhoods are in the Northgate High School area, which helps resale values even if you don't have high school age children.

We really enjoy living in Concord -- I have been a property owner since 1989 (am NOT a real estate agent!), and recommend it!
Dear Lizard415,
Your question is a very good one but also very vague. First of all what is your definitition of an "up and coming" community? How much do you want to invest in a home/investment property? How familiar are you with the Bay Area? AND, most importantly, have you discussed your financial situation with a lender to help you determine what you can afford to buy?

These are all very important aspects in determining the community best suited for your financial situation and meeting as many of your criteria as we can.

It would be a pleasure to discuss these opportunities with you so you can start your home purchase journey well prepared. My over 3 decades as a Realtor and having been raised in Concord and the surrounding communities enables me to acquaint you with not only the general area, but also how you may narrow your search to an area best suited for you.

Please feel free to contact me for a consultation.

Judy Bittner
Sr Real Estate Consultant
WEICHERT REALTORS - America First Team
Concord, CA.
925-672-9091
Hi Lizard415,

What home price are you looking in? Let me know what Price you're willing to pay for a home, and I can help you decide what area is best for your money. There are a lot of great communities in Contra Costa County, and all you need is to find the best area for your Money.

I look forward to your reply. Have a Great Day Lizard415

Jerry Flynn
Old West Realty Inc.
925-820-6550
oldwestinc@yahoo.com
http://housebiz.ca
I wouldn't call Concord up and coming. It's established with different neighborhoods. However, if you are looking in that area, please feel free to let me know if I can help you do some preliminary market research in areas you are interested in investing.
Web Reference: http://www.crosswalkre.com