Sammarcus, Other/Just Looking in Rye Brook, NY

Hi! I am trying to get feel for the market in Rye Brook re how strong or soft and the impact of the tax rate and price for an article I am writing

Asked by Sammarcus, Rye Brook, NY Sat Sep 12, 2009

for the local paper - I will not quote or refer to any sources of data other than Trulia which has about 105 residences listed including 8 foreclosures.

Could you tell me how many for sale in The Arbors and BelleFair and Doral Greens?

You sense of the market? Is 105 typical? Are 8 foreclosures typical?

My going in hypothesis is that the taxes are a barrier to buying along with the asking prices. I want to test this and need your help. Again, thanks.

Thanks.

Answers

1
The market is a little slow right now and their are more units available now than there have been in quite a while.

8 Foreclosures is very high for this ares.

So there are some bargains out in the market.

I have been an agent for 26 years and I have lived in Rye Brook for 10. It is a really nice place to live and very convenient to White Plains, New York City and Connecticut.

The Hutchinson River Parkway which turns into the Merritt in Connecticut, Interstate 684, Interstate 95
and 287 are all close by so it is very accessible.

The serious sellers are starting to price more competitively, and the County is starting to deal with the tax issues throughout the county.

All the Best

Kevin O'SHea
914.262.1931