RazD, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

Hi - I am thinking of buying a condo downtown but ....

Asked by RazD, Pittsburgh, PA Mon Jun 11, 2012

Not sure how the market is doing in terms of cost per square foot, demand and supply. Can anyone help or point me in right direction?

Answers

3
If you want to go look at houses or condos in Pittsburgh please let me know I'd really appreciate if you let me be your buyers agent.
My phone number is 412-425-5329
Hi Raz,

Let me know if you are pre-qualified, there are 77 Condos downtown average 1 bed/1bath $511,920, median 2/2 $425,000 up to 3/4 $1995,000.

If you email me I will send you the listings to review ~ janice.caputo@pittsburghmoves.com
Regards, Janice 412 596 6035
Thansk Janice - I have already made up my mind on location but not sure if I want to buy just yet. Its not the rates but more about the general valuation in the marketplace. Prices downtown have not moved much over the last four years - is it because of supply?
Flag Mon Jun 11, 2012
There are so many options in Downtown Pittsburgh right now, it will depend on exactly what you are looking for. In addition to price per square foot, developers will also charge a premium depending on your view/floor as well as finishes and upgrades (if you are looking for something that is currently under construction). So, price per square foot can actually vary within a building. The other thing you want to keep in mind that will contribute to your cost is the monthly condo fee. It is lower in some of the newer buildings, but also amenities can be less, so that should also be a consideration. That being said, I have seen per square foot costs range anywhere from about $230/sf and up for something like Keystone Lofts (951 Liberty), to over $400/sf when looking at a luxury building like 3PNC. Demand varies upon building. Those with lower fees and more reasonable square footage costs certainly are more in demand than others, but Downtown Living in general is on the rise thank to the increase in amenities available to residents there. I have worked in that area for the last 5 years, and would be happy to help you on your search!!!
Web Reference: http://www.burghliving.com