Market Conditions in 91202>Question Details

Sally, Other/Just Looking in

Hello. I'm trying to estimate how much a home in Glendale 91202 would have sold for in 1976. The address is

Asked by Sally, Mon Mar 24, 2008

801 Arden Ave. I need an estimate for tax purposes. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Answers

6
You could also call a Title Company and have them run comparables for given timeframe. This is generally free and at this point, people are more than willing to help if they smell some sort of money coming their way. Trust me, I work for a Title Company in the Customer Service Dept.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 24, 2008
Call me anytime at 818.519.9363.

Steve
Sally,

In 1977, I sold my neice's home on 800 block of Burchett, Burchett being next block over from your home. It sold for $61,000. Prices did not change much in one year during that period, so I would feel pretty confident this is a correct value for your home.

Gerri Cragnotti
G&C Properties
Glendale, CA
Sally,
Sounds like you have a tax question.
If you still have not received an answer, contact me and we will see if we can pull that data for you.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
It sounds like you need an estimate of value based on date of death; ask your attorney which Realtor he works with, they can probably provide this information to you as a courtesy.
Contact an Appraiser who provides service in that area and request a retro appraisal on the property for the date needed. It is the same procedure used when determining a date of death value on real estate, when the property owner passess away, for estate tax purposes. Here is a link to search for an appraiser in Glendale, CA 91202 http://www.orea.ca.gov/ When you go the the site, click on the tab "Find an Appraiser" - enter city and zip - click search - you should get a list of active apppraisers in that area that are in good standing. Be sure to ask if they have expierence in reto appraisals - preferably an Appraiser General or Certified General Appraiser.