aileen.tsegn, Other/Just Looking in Carlsbad, CA

Hello, I am interested in the Market & Housing statistics for Carlsbad, CA between the years of 2003-2013. Thank you, AT

Asked by aileen.tsegn, Carlsbad, CA Fri Sep 27, 2013

Do you have information on:

- median housing price
- median rental price
- owned housing
- rented housing

for the past 10 years?

Answers

7
Trulia does provide a median house price chart for Carlsbad along with some other data at:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Carlsbad-California/market…
Your other categories are a bit vague. What is the reason you would like this data?
Aileen,
You have been given some good information so far and this may help in your research... This information on this link
http://www.sandicor.com/resources/sales-statistics.html
is directly from Sandicor and you can go back to 2000. All free
The San Diego Association of Realtors has that information. Check out their website or give them a call for the info. Lots of luck.
Marie Wolf
Hello Aileen,

Here are statistics that are the latest available. Going back 10 years would require a lengthy and costly process. Also keep in mind median price is a calculated number and does not take into consideration the areas West of I-5 which are much higher than other parts of Carlsbad. The golf course homes and the schools in San Dieguito School district are also higher priced.

Total Housing Units in Carlsbad, CA - At the time of the last census survey, there were 33,798 total housing units in Carlsbad.

The number of occupied housing units was 31,521, or 93.3 of the total units in town. Of these, 21,241 were owner-occupied (67.4), and 10,280 were renter-occupied (32.6, compared to the national average of 33.80%). There were also 2,277 vacant homes in Carlsbad at the time of the last complete survey.

Median Home Values in Carlsbad, California - The total number of single family, owner occupied homes in the community was 18,018, with a median value in dollars of 330,100.

Monthly Owner Costs in Carlsbad, CA - For homes with a mortgage, average monthly owner costs were $1,869 (national average was $1,088). For homes without a mortgage in Carlsbad, average costs per month were $380 (national average was $295).

Would you let me know what other questions you may gave?

Bill Villa Broker/President
Villa Realty, Inc.
DRE #01758821
villarealtyinc@gmail.com
(760) 908-4264

Search for homes instantly at http://www.VILLAREALTYINC.com
Hello Aileen,

Fairly easy for numbers 1 & 2. However, with numbers 3 & 4, you can only get that for now.

Also, there are 5 zip codes for Carlsbad. Please specify the areas of interest or for all?

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA BRE License 01713506
I'd suggest contacting a Realtor directly. That's a pretty huge task to just throw out there for some unknown person ( Sorry !) It would be much much much easier if you were sitting here in my office right now and I could tackle this in about an hour or so. Without you sitting next to me, it would be really hard to publish all this info. For the most part, if I just threw out a guess ( don't hold me to it) here's how it would look. I'm sure a few other agents will have some better answers, but let's see how I measure up with just a hunch.
2000 the median price in Carlsbad was around 500
2006 the median price in Carlsbad was around 800
2013 the median price is around 700
I'd say the percentage of owned housing in Carlsbad, now is 60-70%
Again this is just a guess. I'm pretty lazy, so I'd love to see some real data from some other agents. Any takers?

To see homes for sale in Carlsbad just visit my site http://www.CarlsbadNeighborhoods.com
Hi Aileen, Send me your contact informatio, and I'll put together a detailed answer to your question.

619-994-8447