Market Conditions in 61108>Question Details

Joni, Both Buyer and Seller in 61108

Have realtors in Rockford been seeing more sales in the last couple of week? My home is for sale and showings

Asked by Joni, 61108 Mon Jan 28, 2008

have picked up, but no offers yet.

Answers

3
I am over in Freeport IL and spring always brings the buyers out of the woodwork. Most buyers know that have a little bit of time to make a decision and do not write offers right away. I agree with Maria, if there is ANY reason the price does not justify the condition it will sit. Make sure your Realtor is getting feedback so you know if the overall opion of the professionals and buyers in the area. You may be able to do small improvements to improve your showings. If the comments are "priced too high", then lower right away or improve the property.
If you have been having showings 90% of the time is because the home is over priced. There are a lot of homes on the market which gives many buyers options to choose from. You need to go out in your neighborhood and check out similar homes to yours and the condition. If your is sub-par from the others you may need to do something to fix up your home. Make sure the home is neutral and decluttered.
Yes, the buyers seem to be looking more. The only thing is they are taking their time and can be picky about what they are looking for. They have a lot of homes to choose from so just make sure your home is priced right, in tip top shape, and offer an incentive!